Land of the free, motherfuckers!
      Only if you can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
        Only if you can afford it.
        Freedom isn't free... there's a hefty fuckin' fee
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

LED bulbs are still too expensive. Im sticking with incandescent bulbs as well. Amazon has Sylvania 6 pack of BR30s for $6.99 prime. Picked up all the trim kits for $1.60 ea from some online place. I honestly considered CREE br30 can lights but glad I didnt.

Comment

Cfl bulbs have a lot of "rules" to last a long time. Need to be upright (not upside down which 99% of all bulbs are), need to not be in a high vibration area (ceiling fan), they don't work well cold and they use just as much energy as a standard bulb until they're fully warmed up.

Comment

Another thing to add to the shopping list...
              I close on my house on 4/24.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Those damn things don't even last 6 months. Guess I need to look at stocking up before closing on the new house.

Comment

Never get tired of watching this.

Comment

Batteries and Bulbs has incandecents. Also, Ikea has 400lumens LEDs for $4.50 each. That is a 60watt equivalent. I've had a few in my bedroom for a few weeks without issues but who knows.

BTW, the reason CFLs dies much sooner than advertised is because the Feds lowered the standards for making them so they could get the prices down. Of course I'm guessing they may have done the same for LEDs.

Comment

Oh, on CFLs. I've always bought them from Costco and kept the receipt. As soon as I went through a box, I returned them and bought another..

Comment

I'm slowing switching to LED's. Much brighter and cleaner light. Not warm up time associated with them. The cost of ownership is now less than the previously installed CFL's. There are what I'm using now.

Shop for Ushio 1003856 Uphoria 18-watt LED dimmable R40 lamps. 3000K bulb replaces 120-watt incandescent. Low prices on all LED lamps at 1000Bulbs.com!
                        sigpic

Comment

These don't work with my recessed lighting (dimmer switches) so I use these as bb gun fodder.

I need 12 for one room, and fuck spending 30 bucks a bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                            These don't work with my recessed lighting (dimmer switches) so I use these as bb gun fodder.

I need 12 for one room, and fuck spending 30 bucks a bulb.
                            not a good idea to post about your grow house on the web broseph!

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              not a good idea to post about your grow house on the web broseph!

god bless.
                              brb deleting posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X