X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Come on!
    oh, lol.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Did you guys hear that they are about to start extending the tollway out past 380? You guys make sure and pay your tolls so that valuable project that will benefit millionaire property developers and raw land owners can come online!

This is my biggest problem with the fucking idiots at the NTTA, the make work projects and mission creep. Why should i pay for that shit when i drive from belt line to downtown on a road built 30 years ago? And don't blow a bunch of smoke up my ass about maintenance costs either. You'd have to be fucking retarded to think it costs that much to maintain a road.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Did you guys hear that they are about to start extending the tollway out past 380? You guys make sure and pay your tolls so that valuable project that will benefit millionaire property developers and raw land owners can come online!

This is my biggest problem with the fucking idiots at the NTTA, the make work projects and mission creep. Why should i pay for that shit when i drive from belt line to downtown on a road built 30 years ago? And don't blow a bunch of smoke up my ass about maintenance costs either. You'd have to be fucking retarded to think it costs that much to maintain a road.
        The whole 121 made me mad. Was a state road, and was a state project, then they wanted to turn it into a tollway and "let" the cities along it vote...for some reason, the voters said "yes, we want 121 as a tollway." I wonder how those cities were greased. What idiot wants the only main highway to your house as a tollway?

I have no problem if they build the road from scratch and toll it to recoup the costs, etc. But existing roads...not so much.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Sorry if I caused a rhombus.
          Stop. You're being obtuse.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            Stop. You're being obtuse.

Isosceles what you did there.

Comment

Right.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                The whole 121 made me mad. Was a state road, and was a state project, then they wanted to turn it into a tollway and "let" the cities along it vote...for some reason, the voters said "yes, we want 121 as a tollway." I wonder how those cities were greased. What idiot wants the only main highway to your house as a tollway?

I have no problem if they build the road from scratch and toll it to recoup the costs, etc. But existing roads...not so much.
                I agree with you on that one. We paid for that road with gas taxes. That was an effing plain and simple. Glad I don't work in West Plano anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

This is what I remember from that. I lived in McKinney at the time.

121 was a two lane parking lot. They delayed working on it for years and the traffic had gotten insufferable. They had started to slowly do some work on it and they were mainly succeeding in creating even more traffic jams.

Eventually it got so bad that they proposed to turn 121 into a tollway - the reason? "It would get finished much faster". Otherwise we had to wait for the plodding state to finish it.

The dumbass voters voted to make it a tollway.

And now here we are (well, technically not me since I live in Cali now LOL...).

The 121 tollway is a nice road but the tolls are high as hell. Collin county got screwed.

Comment

Shut your trapezoid up!!
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

When did debtors prison become a thing again?

Aren't those things illegal anyway?

Comment

I think it's comical that people think these tolls are just going to go away. They're never going away. In fact, when they want to build another toll road, they raise the tolls on the existing ones to pay for it...then they put toll cameras on that road as well...oh yeah, and the tolls don't go down. Just feel good that you get to pay for new revenue projects for ntta, in other areas...it's kind of like charitable extortion. . The ntta is a never ending organization that feeds on fees and will continue to grow and need more and more money. They pretty much have a lock on the north side of the metroplex; you almost have no other choice but to drive on them.

Comment

I sure am glad I live far away from all that mess. I don't know if I've ever driven on a toll road.
                          "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Occupy the NTTA!
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                            X