Unpaid NTTA tolls can land you in jail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I don't care if you believe it, I'm speaking from personal experience. Mine didn't drag out nearly as long long, but $9600 really equated to about $300 in tolls.
    I guess everyone's situation is different. I saw what she actually owed and I saw the bullshit fines and I also saw what she payed and it was far less than what she owe'd (minus the fines). I really don't give a fuck about the NTTA, I pay up front an I use their website to monitor what I use and so far everything is legit. I don't know what was happening before but it is a scam, but I guess if you don't monitor your usage they will charge you whatever they feel like. They are thieves, but like everything else, you pay for convenience, you know like the Fast Pass at Six Flags or making a reservation at Mi Dia's from Scratch, etc.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      Ummm, no. I alternate between the two from Las Colinas (work) to Frisco (home) all week and they are exactly the same.
      OK, sorry about where you live, move closer to work and stop yer bitching.
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        My shift gives me the ability to dodge it most of the time, when i have to actually go in to the office. My monthly toll usage usually comes out to $5 or less.

Well look at you, so eager to be a model citizen that pays for something you already paid for every week. I'd love to sell you a car, then let you pay me $20 a week for the privilege of using it. I wonder if there is anything else you'd like to overpay for? Maybe from now on when government buildings are put up, we can just continue to pay for their full build cost every year, you know, just for the hell of it, because they say so?

Henry, you need to put the fucking crack pipe down. You're missing the entire point of what we're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          OK, sorry about where you live, move closer to work and stop yer bitching.
          I wasn't bitching, just correcting. Find me a house my size in a neighborhood as nice with as good a public school district and the same amenities nearby, all for the same price I paid and I might consider moving. Until then I'll keep paying tolls and correcting people when they think that the tollways move any faster than the regular highways.

Comment

Who said I liked to pay for it? I'm just not retarded to think I won't be charged/billed/summoned/arrested for using it, and not paying the dues.
            Don't like it, don't use it. Go lobby against it if you don't like it. Stop pissing and moaning when everything you should know/expect is going to happen, ends up happening. Treat it like every other fucking business. Don't like it, don't give them money.

No one is forced to use it. Don't like sitting in traffic? Adjust the times you leave. Get a fucking gym membership near you job and work out before/after your shift. You'll miss traffic, and get your work out done.

Who the hell is held at gunpoint and forced to use the toll road?
            sigpic

Comment

Pay your fucking debts!
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Who said I liked to pay for it? I'm just not retarded to think I won't be charged/billed/summoned/arrested for using it, and not paying the dues.
                Don't like it, don't use it. Go lobby against it if you don't like it. Stop pissing and moaning when everything you should know/expect is going to happen, ends up happening. Treat it like every other fucking business. Don't like it, don't give them money.

No one is forced to use it. Don't like sitting in traffic? Adjust the times you leave. Get a fucking gym membership near you job and work out before/after your shift. You'll miss traffic, and get your work out done.

Like I said, I don't mind paying the tolls. It's either sit in a long, straight line of traffic and pay tolls, or wind through surface streets to 635, stopping every 1/4 to 1/2 mile at a light.

Comment

Have you ever driven anywhere in the North Dallas/Plano/Frisco area? Toll roads have to be used, just about.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Have you ever driven anywhere in the North Dallas/Plano/Frisco area? Toll roads have to be used, just about.

No shit. And now it has started to spread south, with 161. I DO avoid them at all costs, but there are some areas of dfw that aren't practical to avoid them. I'll never understand why some people are so eager to just give their money away to the government, and the lengths they'll go to to justify it or avoid actually thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      No shit. And now it has started to spread south, with 161. I DO avoid them at all costs, but there are some areas of dfw that aren't practical to avoid them. I'll never understand why some people are so eager to just give their money away to the government, and the lengths they'll go to to justify it or avoid actually thinking about it.
                      Ahem.

If it were a government owned toll-road, it would probably be cheaper and eventually the tolls are supposed to go away in most cases. Originally toll-roads were supposed to be used to retroactively pay for roads that were being built instead of raising taxes. The NTTA is just a money-grab.

Comment

and eventually the tolls are supposed to go away in most cases.
                        Yeah, that's not ever going to happen.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I wasn't bitching, just correcting. Find me a house my size in a neighborhood as nice with as good a public school district and the same amenities nearby, all for the same price I paid and I might consider moving. Until then I'll keep paying tolls and correcting people when they think that the tollways move any faster than the regular highways.
                          I don't have don't have to do shit, I told you to do it. You're not correcting me, you justifying your 'bitching' You choose to live far from your job, you don't want to live in near crime and want nice schools, well I have news for you, it cost money to live in affluent hoods. Don't like the traffic, MOVE.
                          You're not correcting me, I've lived in Dallas most of my life, back when 75 was two fucking lanes up the Texas/OK state line, I've driven through all of its major improvements up until they built the Tollways. They move faster than the freeways (wrecks and construction not withstanding) I donlt drive in traffic, my J-O-B is near where I live so I donlt have too, I have been caught in 635 sitting in traffic barley moving and I've been in 35-40 mph hour Tollway traffic and I prefer the latter, even if it costs money to use them and I PAY my way...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            Pay your fucking debts!
                            Lanisters always pay their debts sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              I don't have don't have to do shit, I told you to do it. You're not correcting me, you justifying your 'bitching' You choose to live far from your job, you don't want to live in near crime and want nice schools, well I have news for you, it cost money to live in affluent hoods. Don't like the traffic, MOVE.
                              You're not correcting me, I've lived in Dallas most of my life, back when 75 was two fucking lanes up the Texas/OK state line, I've driven through all of its major improvements up until they built the Tollways. They move faster than the freeways (wrecks and construction not withstanding) I donlt drive in traffic, my J-O-B is near where I live so I donlt have too, I have been caught in 635 sitting in traffic barley moving and I've been in 35-40 mph hour Tollway traffic and I prefer the latter, even if it costs money to use them and I PAY my way...
                              Yeah, good for you. Everything you just said applies to me as well, except for the part where I live close to my job. I was never bitching about traffic, just pointing out that no matter what highway you're on, the traffic is moving the same speed during rush hour. Jesus, get the sand out of your vagina. I take the toll-roads, I pay tolls, I sit in traffic. Not because it moves faster, but because overall the distance is shorter and the route more direct. Why are you being so defensive, I wasn't in any way, shape, or form trying to be offensive.

Comment

Ahem.

If it were a government owned toll-road, it would probably be cheaper and eventually the tolls are supposed to go away in most cases. Originally toll-roads were supposed to be used to retroactively pay for roads that were being built instead of raising taxes. The NTTA is just a money-grab.

If the government is forcibly mandating me to pay it or face arrest, then I attribute it to the government, regardless of if it is "privately" owned.

Comment

Working...
                                X