Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

colitis and chrone's disease people in here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had uc for 22 years, it sucks. Feel free to contact me for any advice.

Comment

I have been dealing with Crohns since 1991. 2 flare ups that landed me in the hospital for 7-10 days. I have been on Remicade since my last flare up in 2003. It's expensive, even with insurance.

We are a non-profit, volunteer-fueled organization dedicated to finding cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.

Full of good info.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
      George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
        I have been dealing with Crohns since 1991. 2 flare ups that landed me in the hospital for 7-10 days. I have been on Remicade since my last flare up in 2003. It's expensive, even with insurance.

We are a non-profit, volunteer-fueled organization dedicated to finding cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.

Full of good info.
        Damn, there are far too many people with this shitty disease. I've taken remicade twice and it does great, but at 24 grand a year, it's just not in the cards for me. I'm currently on low dose naltrexone and feeling better than I have in years. I'm actually finding it difficult to lose weight, rather than gain it.

Comment

I'm sorry Tanner. I hope she gets better!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            My wife is super sick at the hospital now with a bad case of colitis. But doc believes it's chrones... One scenario is removing her entire colon. And re attaching her intestines to her original outward plumbing. Have any of Yall experienced this? Other scenario is a fucking colostomy bag for life (if full fledged chrones)... She's currently having a blood transfusion as we speak... I'm struggling really hard with this so leave the shitty comments at the door please. Obviously if u don't want to air ur colitis laundry on here, please pm me.
            Thanks.

**and FUCK YOU AUTO CORRECT. Title should say "Colitis AND chrones..."** administration please fix...
            I've had Crohn's since I was 16.

I had a section of my small intestines/colon removed in 2003 due to a perforation in my small intestine. It sucked for quite a while but I have really changed my eating habits, started exercising, lost about 60lbs and feel great now.

Unless it's ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY necessary, do not let her get a colostomy bag.

Comment

Full of good info.
              Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              Damn, there are far too many people with this shitty disease. I've taken remicade twice and it does great, but at 24 grand a year, it's just not in the cards for me. I'm currently on low dose naltrexone and feeling better than I have in years. I'm actually finding it difficult to lose weight, rather than gain it.
              Most pharmaceutical companies offer low to no cost doses of their meds. Try

to see if either one of you can get in on it.
              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Full of good info.
                what insurance do you have ?

We have BCBS through my work and we only had to pay $20 co-pay for remicade when my wife was doing it. She is on cimzia now though.
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

I had a colectomy about 5 years ago (j-pouch), my daughter had a total colectomy at age 16 so if you and your wife need any advise on care if it goes this far feel free to contact me, my father who just turned 80 has had his since age 36, it is an adjustment but completely livable.
                  sincerely
                  david

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                    Most pharmaceutical companies offer low to no cost doses of their meds. Try

to see if either one of you can get in on it.
                    Yeah, I got my first three donated and they told me to GTFO. Then the next time I came in, I was applying, but my doctor wouldn't sign the paperwork because I wasn't a patient at her clinic.

I couldn't be happier with the LDN. Cheap, no side effects, and extremely effective.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                      what insurance do you have ?

We have BCBS through my work and we only had to pay $20 co-pay for remicade when my wife was doing it. She is on cimzia now though.
                      Aetna. Man, I would love a $20 co-pay. You would think that with as many city employees we have that we could get a better deal.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                      George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X