Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mods, why doesn't the classified ever get cleared out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    try searching the classifieds and get back to me.
    I usually check the classifieds once a week or so. It's not like there is a ton of stuff being posted. Like a few new ads a week. Why the need to search?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      Now, I know you read this thread, to know that this GIF would be appropriate, so...BOOM!

Comment

I just looked through the admin settings and don't see any option to force close ads after expiration, or that limits ad placement time, which is probably what would be needed to keep stuff from sitting there forever. Maybe Tyler would have more luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          I usually check the classifieds once a week or so. It's not like there is a ton of stuff being posted. Like a few new ads a week. Why the need to search?
          There are some things that dont sell quick, and you might need to not browse through two pages of 2 year old adds to find it. Searches on the classifieds dont come up in date order, so you end up with a worthless search and you have to sort through bullshit that is sold, and has been for years.

Thats why.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

There are some things that dont sell quick, and you might need to not browse through two pages of 2 year old adds to find it. Searches on the classifieds dont come up in date order, so you end up with a worthless search and you have to sort through bullshit that is sold, and has been for years.

Thats why.
            But you want me to automatically delete anything older than 6 months, blanket? That is going to eliminate the stuff that didn't "sell quick" anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              But you want me to automatically delete anything older than 6 months, blanket? That is going to eliminate the stuff that didn't "sell quick" anyways.
              Then dont do a fucking thing.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I deleted my 4 ads, so it should be good now...
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Then dont do a fucking thing.
                  Lol, ok, I won't!

Comment

The 6 month thing is fine in my book. Just re-list it, it's not the end of the world....but that maybe the worst thing ever for all I know.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

We have a classifieds?
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X