Apple Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Jack

I have a friend in New Zealand wanting to get me something for my birthday and I couldn't think of anything I need. I mean, I'm pretty blessed so after she suggested some booze I got to thinking, I've never had Apple Jack. It's old school booze that was used to pay the troops during Washington's leadership so I thought, why not.

Anyone ever have this? What am I getting myself into?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Are we talking recent production stuff or are you talking about a bottle of 230 year old brandy? Go for it either way; I love trying out new whiskey so I would do it. Let us know how it taste, it sounds pretty good.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

While she works in the NZ government over there, I don't imagine they're paid well enough to go for the 200 year brandy. I have no idea how she's going to get it here but I"m looking forward to it. I don't drink but I have a decently stocked bar for the rare times I have guests and there is something to celebrate. When I got home from Hood the other day I cracked open a 50 year old bottle of El Presidente' and had a shot.

Comment

True apple jack is not too bad. Apple jack is usually around 40 to 65 proof. The traditional method for making it was set barrels of fermented hard cider out in a shed during the cold winter. Ice was scooped off the top, leaving the alcohol and flavor.

There are some apple flavored brandies that are called Apple Jack. I find these too sweet for my taste.

You can make it yourself by pouring apple wine into a plastic bucket, putting in the deep freeze and skimming off the ice. The colder the temp, the more alcohol content. The max is about -30 degrees which should yield 65 proof .

Comment

So what you're saying is you want to make me some home brew for my birthday on tax day.

Comment

YOLO. You make a batch and I will sample a dram.

Comment

Last time I tried making booze it was like drinking gasoline with a hint of grape. Horrible stuff I wound up using as lighter fluid.

Comment

I'm not sure what is going on, but I killed a 750 of crown tonight. giiggity.

Comment

I thought this was going to be about cereal.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    I thought this was going to be about cereal.

Me too! I love Apple Jacks.
                    The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Working...
                    X