Parents inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
    If you can work it out so that she can be there leave her in the position. If it can't be then move her. Help the kid if you can but do what's best for the team.
    This.

The kid should not be punished for not being able to get to practice, but niether should the team.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
      Find a way to get her there that way she can play. If everyone has the same goal, the team doing well, then there should be a way to get her to practice.

Missing practice because you don't want to go, to me, means you lose your starting position. However, if missing practice because it's out of your control, it's not the child's fault.
      This could have ended the thread. It's sad, but it's the world we live in where sometimes kids just can't get to practices and sometimes even games. If it's a case where the parent truly can't get the kid there, then you shouldn't penalize the kid. As long as the kid is able to keep up with all the drills and development of the other players, then she should keep her spot. If she begins to fall behind, then you should move her to a secondary position. The best solution is to find another way for the kid to get to practice which is what it sounds like you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
        I would rotate someone else into the starting position.
        This. Not taking her off, just have two strongest players rotate that spot.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        Clear it with the mom first, then send an email to the team asking if anyone lives close to the girl and would be willing to pick her up for games and practices when needed. 40 mins one way is too much dude.
        And this. Since your wife isn't 100% on board with you guys doing it, hit up the other folks on the team.
        WRX

Comment

My brother coaches for FC Dallas and does this for some of his better players that have scheduling issues....

Comment

It's being a good team/community member to help the parent out. I've had people do it for me and sometimes I still missed practices due to many reasons.

It's not like we're asking for a law to be passed that required it. It's people helping each other out - willingly.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
            X