Loudr car stereos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudr car stereos

What can be done about it legally? I have a coworker who plays his stereo rediculously loud with booming bass and he refuses to turn it down. His comments were basically he likes his music loud and he does not care if it bothers others, which is very inconsiderate and probably illegal, though I cannot find how to report it. Getting is plates is easy, and I even happen to know where he lives, I just cannot find the right contact info for Midland and I am not even sure they would care enough to do anything. It actually physically hurts to be near his vehicle sometimes.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

A person may not make noise or use sound equipment in public between 10:30 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. or operate sound equipment in a vehicle audible or causing a vibration 30 feet from the equipment. A person may not use sound equipment that produces sound audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area between 10:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.

A person may not use sound equipment audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area that produces sound in excess of 75 decibels. (Sound Equipment means a loud speaker, public address system, amplification system, or other sound producing device)

The police say if you?re playing loud music or making loud noise and someone can hear it 30 feet away, you?re violating the law.

If it bothers somebody, the person should be cited for loud noise.

Playgrounds, schools and things of that nature are exempt, but noise from a car is not.

Under the Texas Neighborhood Abatement Act, sheriff?s departments must investigate county noise problems.

?If the violation is not corrected within a given amount of time, the individual can be taken to a justice of the peace court ... the fines can be anywhere from $10 to $200 for the first offense?.
    Those fines are for the county. Violations are punishable by $500.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

he mad?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Home built EMP?

Comment

I would think the police department is your only option and I doubt the police are going to care.

Take solace in that fact that he will likely commit suicide from the tinnitus that he is going to have... That or tell him that you like to beat the shit out of douchebags that play their music too loud and you don't care if it bothers others...

Comment

Some meth head will steal his shit soon enough. Though if you feel like you have to SNITCH, I would start with the boss, I'm sure he can make him keep it down on company property, but he'll just turn it up as soon as hes off/on the company property.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Lol

Comment

When someone comes up next to me blaring some lacucaracha music or the hippidy hoppity music I simply roll my windows down and crank up some Zepplin or Fleetwood Mac or similar. Not only does it drown them out but it also pisses them off because I invested in my front stage so they can clearly hear it over theirs as well. LOL

Now its not the most PC thing to do and it really does not solve the problem for others but it works for me.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Don't shoot the guy over it... The courts frown upon it. Too soon?!

Comment

So, basically, this is only a nuisance for the couple minutes a day you spend in the parking lot? Grow up and find something else to complain about.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Does he park his car next to your desk?

Comment

Wear ear plugs?

Comment

"Black boy, black boy turn that shit down
                          You know that America don't wanna hear the sound
                          Of the bass drum jungle music go back to Africa
                          Nigga I'll arrest you if you holding up trafffic"

-Masta Ace
                          Ded

Comment