Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here have any experience with the Acura RDX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here have any experience with the Acura RDX?

Looking for some first-hand experiences with them. Wife is looking at them as her next car. Anything you didn't like about it? I've spent most of the morning watching reviews, but I value DFWMustangs' opinions. TIA.

a good freind of mine and his GF have a 2013 and they LOVE it and have zero complaints. Acura build quality and reliability is great. It is a turbo 4 and seems to run pretty good.

Comment

It's a solid drivetrain and Acura's build quality is as good as anyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
        a good freind of mine and his GF have a 2013 and they LOVE it and have zero complaints. Acura build quality and reliability is great. It is a turbo 4 and seems to run pretty good.
        I don't think they have the Turbo 4 option anymore, the new ones only have the V6, but that's okay. Less stuff to break, and since it won't be my car, the wife will be happy with it.

Comment

Last year for turbo 4 was 2012. We've had one for 2.5 years and couldn't be happier. The mpg is worse than I expected (15 city/20 highway) but that's the only negative I could think of.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Last year for turbo 4 was 2012. We've had one for 2.5 years and couldn't be happier. The mpg is worse than I expected (15 city/20 highway) but that's the only negative I could think of.
            Thanks for the input. Supposedly the new one (V6) gets 20 city/28 hwy. All I have heard about these little SUVs so far has been good. They aren't the best looking small SUV out there, but supposedly they're really comfortable and reliable, so I think we are going to pull the trigger once her current lease is up.

Comment

The in- laws went from an MDX to one and are really happy with it. I've driven it a couple of times and would certainly consider one if we were in the market.

Comment

We have a 2013 RDX and love it. Decent power, drives and feels like a car when driving, roomy, good features, and Acura quality.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  maybe theirs is the 12 then because its definitely a turbo 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    Thanks for the input. Supposedly the new one (V6) gets 20 city/28 hwy. All I have heard about these little SUVs so far has been good. They aren't the best looking small SUV out there, but supposedly they're really comfortable and reliable, so I think we are going to pull the trigger once her current lease is up.

what v6 is in it? If its the 280HP 3.5, thats whats in my TL and it scoots pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                      what v6 is in it? If its the 280HP 3.5, thats whats in my TL and it scoots pretty good
                      Says 3.5 L V6 273 HP. Assuming that's the same one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Says 3.5 L V6 273 HP. Assuming that's the same one.
                        yea probably just different cams/programming for torque as its an SUV. they do the same thing to the accord/odyssey/ridgeline/pilot on the honda line. The honda/acura 3.5 is an excellent engine

Comment

Working...
                        X