Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tall people have trouble with their knee and the turn signal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tall people have trouble with their knee and the turn signal?

Driving a 92 the other day and I could not signal left because of where my knee and the turn signal stalk meet. I never had this problem on my 87 or 93. The only difference is this is not a tilt wheel and those were. I can't see any way to adjust the seats any more to get more clearance either. I guess I need to swap columns, but curious of anyone else experienced this?

My head hits the headliner if I sit with my seat upright. I ride partial gangsta because of this. Get a larger vehicle, yeti.

Comment

i always hated how close the break and the clutch pedal are to each other.

Comment

The turn signal lever in my '03 hits my left knee if I'm signaling a left turn.

Comment

Buy a truck or an SUV?
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Make only right turns...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

There are no tall people here. We're a bunch of oompa loompas.

Comment

Use hand/arm signals instead.

Comment

I never fit right in my old BMW. I always had to rest my knee against the door. It had the panoramic sunroof, so I had to sit lower and more reclined. I ended up trading it for the F-150. Frankly I'm super happy I did. Big Hurd gave me a decent deal on the BMW and a really good deal on the truck. It fits me perfectly. Heck, all my friends tell me that I should have bought a truck years ago. I just look right in a pickup...

But dammit, I wan't a 'stang..

Comment

No
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Move the seat back and down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        Move the seat back and down.
                        Thanks Capt Obvious. That is the only way I can drive any car.

Comment

Just how big a boy are ya?

Comment

6'3. Never had that problem in any car I've driven, although plenty have needed the seat to go back another inch or three.

Comment

sonofa....

I was jacking with the turn signal switch and noticed the column was a little loose. Also there is a plastic part of the dash where the column slides through that has been broken for a while but I never really new why. The column sits lower. I just found out why this car is different. A previous owner appears to have added some 1/2" spacers to the column mounts. It all makes sense now. It explains why the shroud around the column didn't seem to fit right either. Here I had done ground a 1/2" off the end of my turn signal stock in desperation, which turned out ok actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X