What house insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What house insurance?

A tornado came and tore up my roof. It was last year. So I got a $11k new roof, and now the insurance company dropped me. Probably because they were butthurt about having to pay. They told some lie saying they were dropping everyone in the area. Yeah right, just because a tornado came

My insurance was National Llodys, Presidential package. And was $135 per month. Mortgage insurance is $132. I would like to get some cheaper insurance, because for some reason my escrow account increased. They sent a letter saying that i wont have quite enough money in my escrow account, to satisfy the contract. I have to keep $900 per year in there, and it actually dipped below the required amount once last year. So I'm looking at an increase of about $600 per year in escrow payments.

I want my new homeowners insurance to be low enough to offset that. Is there some out there thats cheaper? Anyone that you could recommend?
    WH

I am closing on my house in about 3 weeks. We went with Germania through PS Insurance agency. Policy came out to $101/month.
    Full replacement cost on everything.
    Firearms are covered under the same limits as the rest of the contents, which for us is $120k. Most other places only cover like $2k-$5k without getting a special rider/schedule.
    Plus they are about $40/month cheaper on auto insurance as well.
    The $101 is with the home/auto bundle. Without the bundle, they were $120/month. still cheaper than our current insurance (State Farm).
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Just to be clear, mortgage insurance has nothing to do with your homeowner's (hazard) insurance.

Comment

Usaa

Comment

I went with Safeco aka Liberty Mutual. On thing they won't cover is a Nuclear weapons, if one goes off.... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
            I went with Safeco aka Liberty Mutual. On thing they won't cover is a Nuclear weapons, if one goes off.... Lol

Same here and firearms are covered with Safeco. Allstate does not cover them with out extra coverage

Comment

I have Farm Bureau and my home owner's insurance is 700 a year.
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Usaa
                All the way.

My renter's and car insurance for the year is like $500.
                Last edited by YALE; 03-31-2014, 01:53 PM.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  I have Farm Bureau and my home owner's insurance is 700 a year.
                  holy shit thats cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                    holy shit thats cheap.
                    Yeah it is.
                    Frost,
                    What coverages do you have?
                    Full replacement cost for house and contents?
                    Is that a Vet rate or something?
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Don't forget to give an authorized advertiser an opportunity to earn your business. You might be surprised, I know I was.

Allstate Insurance
                      Dominguez Agency
                      1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                      Arlington, TX. 76018
                      817-405-2011
                      tdominguez@allstate.com
                      Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                        Don't forget to give an authorized advertiser an opportunity to earn your business. You might be surprised, I know I was.

Allstate Insurance
                        Dominguez Agency
                        Arlington, TX. 76018
                        817-405-2011
                        tdominguez@allstate.com
                        Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!
                        Sweet who is it, my renewal is up and I need some quotes as mine went up 400 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                          Sweet who is it, my renewal is up and I need some quotes as mine went up 400 a year.
                          Stng5Pnt8 aka Tony Dominguez

Allstate Insurance
                          Dominguez Agency
                          Arlington, TX. 76018
                          817-405-2011
                          tdominguez@allstate.com

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                            Just to be clear, mortgage insurance has nothing to do with your homeowner's (hazard) insurance.
                            I just went ahead and mentioned it, in case it was relevant in a way that I'm not aware of.

As for insurance i feel i left out a key detail. We paid $122k for the house, appraisal value was $153k. So imo, you should only have to insure what your loan was for right? Hell why bother to insure it for more? That would just raise your payments for no reason. My old insurance (before they dropped me) covered $253k. That's over 100k more than the house is even worth!
                            WH

Comment

It will be insured for what it would cost to rebuild should it get destroyed. What it's worth for tax purposes or anything else doesn't matter.

Mine is insured for $200k but having just been built that's a fair estimate on what it would cost to replace it...

Comment

Working...
                              X