Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all contractors scammers/untrustworthy nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all contractors scammers/untrustworthy nowadays?

So had a guy clean acid wash and epoxy paint a pool (3+yrs of algae), Really nasty anyway,
    I hire him to do that and change out a valve since he is already there. Gets done a little late ( 8hrs behind what he said it would take guess it was worse than he thought) and gives me bill saying he will be back tommorow to fix valve since I ordered it on amazon. Only paying him 40 for labor to change the thing out so took a chance

going on day 5, 3 days ago he texted saying he totaled his car and he will get to it when he can .

So paid by check should I stop payment and be a asshole

/rant.

Yes on the stopping of payment... No not all are that way

Comment

Had hell from the contractors from homedepot doing my floors. worthless fucks

Comment

Very hard to find a good one with all the ..........
        Never mind.
        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I'm doing everything besides the pool and some minor electrical. Got all the electrical fixed today and couldn't be happier. Pool guy texted back a "firm date" of this week. worthless just like his "5yr warranty"

Comment

You get what you pay for...always.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
              Thanks for that, getting ready to hire their guys........ to do my hardwood floors.

Comment

If you can find one that actually shows up when he says and isn't drunk when he does show up then you are dealing with one in the top 10%.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Btw that paint will chip off so start saving for some plaster

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                    Me too. Won't go into a Home Depot anymore.

Not all are bad, it's just tough to find the good ones. Seems like there are 3 bad ones to 1 good one.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                      Btw that paint will chip off so start saving for some plaster
                      I was told 3-5yr life on paint planning to get out of this house in 3-4 so if it holds up great if not i'll redo it again.

Comment

I've got a good one, but I've known him for 20 years. Other board members that have tried to use him haven't had the same luck I have. lol I no longer recommend him to others, but he still does almost all the work I contract out, is dirt cheap, and knows what he is doing when it comes to any project I've ever brought up. He's put in pocket doors, hardwoods, painted, built an exterior wall, moulding, tile, rebuilt a bathroom from the studs, put in a hot water heater, done roof repairs, cut down a huge dying tree, and is about to build my patio addition. Good guy to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
                          Me too. Won't go into a Home Depot anymore.

Not all are bad, it's just tough to find the good ones. Seems like there are 3 bad ones to 1 good one.
                          You guys realize Home Depot just subs the work out to local contractors. And you are basically just overpaying.
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

Not being funny either. I got a membership when I bought this house and have had great luck on there.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              http://www.angieslist.com/

Not being funny either. I got a membership when I bought this house and have had great luck on there.
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X