EFFF Red light cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFFF Red light cameras

So... first off, screw red light cameras.

Second, I got a letter showing me "running a red light" in Plano. The pic clearly shows I'm in the right turn lane with my blinker on, and I did make a right.

The video shows I didn't come to a full stop but as I approached the light it was green turning yellow, and I looked left (no longer looking at the light) and made my turn as it turned red.

What are my options? Can I fight this crap or am I screwed?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Quit breaking the law asshole.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The sign stating red light camera in use! Rip it Down. No sign or warning voids the ticket. If it were me I would hire a traffic lawyer to mess with that shit. That's the most chicken rap way of making money.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Quit breaking the law asshole.
        first, it's Mr. Asshole, second I it's a 1 second difference between breaking the law and not. It's chicken shit.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
          The sign stating red light camera in use! Rip it Down. No sign or warning voids the ticket. If it were me I would hire a traffic lawyer to mess with that shit. That's the most chicken rap way of making money.
          I might hire a lawyer, but it's a $75 ticket, so the lawyer has to be cheaper than that.

Stevo

Comment

Sounds like you ran a red light if didn't completely make your turn before red. Same thing as not making it through a intersection before it turns red. Also why are you looking to left to make your turn when you have the green light..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ideal-coatings View Post
              Sounds like you ran a red light if didn't completely make your turn before red. Same thing as not making it through a intersection before it turns red. Also why are you looking to left to make your turn when you have the green light..

You don't have to complete the turn or finish passing through an intersection, the way I understand it. If you cross into the intersection while it's yellow. You made it.
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Absolutely not .. have had a couple of them. .. If you are not completely through a intersection before red you have run the light.

Comment

The cameras at legacy and the tollway constantly flash people turning right on red, it's retarded.
                  Ded

Comment

Even with a green light, I still look both ways when going through an intersection. Last time I didn't, I ended up with a Mazda in the back seat of my truck.

Comment

I have received a few of those, I have not responded to them because my Aunt from Mexico was in town and driving my car while she was here, I figure if they call me up I can give them her info, I'm sure she would be happy to take care of them.

Juanita Martinez

Phone: (52)(55) 5022 8443
                      Javier Barros Sierra 322
                      Lomas Santa Fe
                      Mexico City, Federal District 01219
                      Mexico
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                        The cameras at legacy and the tollway constantly flash people turning right on red, it's retarded.

That's the spot, westbound on legacy to northbound dallas pkwy.

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        Even with a green light, I still look both ways when going through an intersection. Last time I didn't, I ended up with a Mazda in the back seat of my truck.
                        Exactly, I checked the light and started looking around.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        I have received a few of those, I have not responded to them because my Aunt from Mexico was in town and driving my car while she was here, I figure if they call me up I can give them her info, I'm sure she would be happy to take care of them.

Juanita Martinez

Phone: (52)(55) 5022 8443
                        Javier Barros Sierra 322
                        Lomas Santa Fe
                        Mexico City, Federal District 01219
                        Mexico

Hmmmm... interesting.

Also, I don't dispute it was my car (or rather the bank's car), but how can they prove it's me? What the holy eff happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

Stevo

Comment

Absolutely not .. have had a couple of them. .. If you are not completely through a intersection before red you have run the light.

Sorry, that's not the law.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I run the fuck out of some red lights. I'm not a robot.

Problem is, the cameras are. If you get busted by one, there's no use in fighting. It costs about the same as a lawyer and there are no points against your license.

Chalk it up to the game, research where red light cameras are located if they're in your area, and refuse to spend money in a city that employs red light services
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              I run the fuck out of some red lights. I'm not a robot.

Problem is, the cameras are. If you get busted by one, there's no use in fighting. It costs about the same as a lawyer and there are no points against your license.

Chalk it up to the game, research where red light cameras are located if they're in your area, and refuse to spend money in a city that employs red light services
                              cost equal, no points? Fine... I'll figure out a way to screw Plano out of $150 (I figure double is fair).

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X