Would you do this deal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you do this deal...

Not sure if you saw my lemon thread about my wifes car, but the dealership is offering her payoff to trade it in and Ford claims they will kick in something, but not sure what yet. Here is the kicker. Of course my wife wants the new Explorer that cost 10k more than her Fusion. Her current payment is $340 and the new payment would be $505. My wife and I keep our money seperate and her bills are her bills and my bills are my bills. She really can't afford the $505 payment because she still likes to go shopping every damn weekend. Granted we probably plan on maybe having kids in the next year or two so a bigger vehicle would be nice also.

So I'm left with 3 choices. Either I throw 4k or 5k into the deal to make it happen or I giver her $100 a month and help out on the car payment. I can also tell her to just live with her current car and deal with it, but you all know how bitchy wives can be when they aren't happy. What would you guys do?

Tell her happy birthday, give her the money, and take it out on her ass that night.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

cut up her credit cards
      Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
        Tell her happy birthday, give her the money,and take it out on her ass that night.
        This

After all, you pay for it one way or another.

Comment

Tell her happy birthday, give her the money, and take it out on her ass that night.
          Her birthday is on Monday and she already got a Tiffany's bracklet to go with her necklace. Ask me what I normally get for my Birthday.

Comment

How long is the term on the financing?

Comment

bracklet? if your money is seperate, she needs to be able to pay for 100 percent of it

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                So I'm left with 3 choices. Either I throw 4k or 5k into the deal to make it happen or I giver her $100 a month and help out on the car payment. I can also tell her to just live with her current car and deal with it, but you all know how bitchy wives can be when they aren't happy. What would you guys do?
                Option 4: If your money is seperate, and she really wants it, she can cut $100 a month out of her shopping budget to live within her means?

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                  Option 4: If your money is seperate, and she really wants it, she can cut $100 a month out of her shopping budget to live within her means?
                  I'm assuming that you're a woman with your horrible math skills.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                    Her birthday is on Monday and she already got a Tiffany's bracklet to go with her necklace. Ask me what I normally get for my Birthday.
                    What do you normally get for your birthday?

Comment

I'm assuming that you're a woman with your horrible math skills.
                      You know what they say about assuming... Please allow me to clarify; he said the options were that he can give her a few thousand dollars to keep the payment within her budget, or he can throw in $100 a month so she can handle the payment on her own. If the payment is $100 outside of her budget with her current allocation for shopping, she can reallocate her finances and spend $100 less.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                        You know what they say about assuming... Please allow me to clarify; he said the options were that he can give her a few thousand dollars to keep the payment within her budget, or he can throw in $100 a month so she can handle the payment on her own. If the payment is $100 outside of her budget with her current allocation for shopping, she can reallocate her finances and spend $100 less.
                        Like all men, my reading capabilities are sub-par. Especially after a sixer of Shiner double wheat.

I was just using the difference in monthly payment. Which is still what I think it comes down to. Really though, IMO (which doesn't matter b/c I'm not married) there is no "my money/your money" after you're married. I mean, is one person paying the mortgage while the other person pays the utilities or what?

Comment

What do you normally get for your birthday?
                          Yeah, what is it?

Comment

Don't forget gas mileage on an explorer is half as good (or worse) as the fusion...

I'd tell her no and still take it out on that ass...

Comment

Dude, it's your wife...help her out. Especially if you are gonna have kids soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X