No announcement yet.

Need opinions on a newer Maxima or Infinity M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely the Infinity, but I'd go insane after listening to that exhaust note for an extended amount of time. Sounds like nothing more than continuous flatulation. It's horrible.

Comment

sounds in ear of beholder .....

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      Definitely the Infinity, but I'd go insane after listening to that exhaust note for an extended amount of time. Sounds like nothing more than continuous flatulation. It's horrible.
      others like the sound - Z's and G coupe's sound great IMO.
      sigpic
      08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        According to several people I work with that own them, both G35s and G37s will wear all four tires like crazy. [/img]
        Nissan has been having this problem since the early 90s. I knew people with 300ZX's that had major camber issues, same with the newer 350Z's.

Comment

Tire wear hasn't been a problem for my G, though we'll see now with the Z setup. Tires look good after 6 months anyway.

That exhaust note is really only pronounced in the coupes. You don't notice it in the sedans.

Comment

Test drove the M37 yesterday. I didn't notice any drone or annoying exhaust tones. Over all it's a nice car. Plenty of room, I'll still have to shorten the legs of the real estate signs for them to fit but I told her anything bigger and she's looking at a freaking town car. The Sport driving mode is the only one worth using. Eco mode sucked balls and Standard was just......meh. This was the M37x so it was AWD. He didn't budge on the price though. If it wasn't for a patch repair in the drivers seat leather, I would have considered it more. I plan on test driving a 2wd but over all I think this will be the car.

Funny thing about this car is they still install ash trays... 3 of them. One in the front console and one on each rear door....who does that?

Comment

How else do you communicate luxury than a ton of ash trays? Lol

Both are good but I'd personally lean toward RWD. Lighter and less stuff to break/maintain. Though I haven't heard any horror stories about infiniti AWD except its harder to go hella flush. Ricers, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixedup View Post
                others like the sound - Z's and G coupe's sound great IMO.
                I know, and like Harley owners they have to remind everyone just how fabulous they believe it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  i don't understand these "help me pick out a car" threads? just dumb and nobody really helps lol....
                  It's gotten to the point where I encourage people to buy garbage. If it's not a 5 speed Ranger it's crap!

Comment

I loved my Nissan 235k on the clock and still running strong
                    Street car.

Comment

Does anyone work for an Infinity dealer? We're about to bite the bullet on a 2011 M37s and I'd like to run the VIN through the service department to see if any maintenance records show up. I plan on hitting up Sewell and Crest today but would rather not run all over DFW since they're expecting me later this morning. Let me know and I can send you the VIN. According to carfax, its been in McKinney and Allen most of it's life. Does anyone know if Infinity has something similar to Ford's Oasis that can do a broader search?

Hey Crownline, any chance you could run another report for an M37 Sport with 40k miles? I don't know if this one went to auction though...

Comment

Send it my way.

Comment

pm sent, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X