Need opinions on a newer Maxima or Infinity M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions on a newer Maxima or Infinity M37

So the wife is due for a new(er) car. So far the line up consists of a 2011 Infinity M37 or possibly a 2011-2012 Maxima.

I'm hoping someone here has either of those and can give some input as to any problems I should know about. I've never been a fan of the continuous variable transmission and that seems to be the only option for the Maxima.

I also don't know anything about the M37... any recommendations for or against either of those? Trying to keep it below 25k.

crap, just realized I posted in the wrong forum...can a mod move it???

Had an Altima a coupletimes for a rental car. The transmission fucking sucks! Steer clear of any car that uses a constant variable trans!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Infinity.

Comment

G37 Sedan.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          G37 Sedan.
          We looked at those but the trunk is too small. She needs to be able to carry a real estate sign back there.

Comment

Infiniti is RWD, so that's enough to win over the Maxima.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            G37 Sedan.
            True, G would be more fun.

Comment

Camry SE. I love the one I bought my wife.

Comment

Glad you posted - I have a very similar question. For my range, I'm looking at a 2010-ish Maxima or 07-08 G35 ... would anyone have any concerns purchasing the G35 with 50k ish miles? I know the reliability ratings are good - looking for first-hand experience.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Look at the brakes.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Glad you posted - I have a very similar question. For my range, I'm looking at a 2010-ish Maxima or 07-08 G35 ... would anyone have any concerns purchasing the G35 with 50k ish miles? I know the reliability ratings are good - looking for first-hand experience.
                    We have an 06 with 130k on it and zero issues.

Strike that, had to replace the relay for the blower motor. That is all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      We looked at those but the trunk is too small. She needs to be able to carry a real estate sign back there.
                      Get a smaller sign, the g cars are a zillion times more fun.
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Chevy Traverse
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

2006 M35 with 96K miles and the only engine related issue is a leaking o-ring behind the oil cooler adapter. $5 fix.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                            Get a smaller sign, the g cars are a zillion times more fun.
                            She probably could get smaller signs, but the bigger the better, easier to see from a distance. Truthfully, when we looked at the G37, we didn't have a sign with us to test fit...she just kind of eye balled it. It could probably fit in there at an angle but I'm worried over time that will ruin the truck carpet. We may look at them again and take a sign with us...although, I've kinda convinced myself that I want the extra cabin space with the M in the event we take a short trip in it some where.

Originally posted by txminime View Post
                            2006 M35 with 96K miles and the only engine related issue is a leaking o-ring behind the oil cooler adapter. $5 fix.
                            that's good to know, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              She probably could get smaller signs, but the bigger the better, easier to see from a distance. Truthfully, when we looked at the G37, we didn't have a sign with us to test fit...she just kind of eye balled it. It could probably fit in there at an angle but I'm worried over time that will ruin the truck carpet. We may look at them again and take a sign with us...although, I've kinda convinced myself that I want the extra cabin space with the M in the event we take a short trip in it some where.

that's good to know, thanks.
                              My ex is a realtor, and we forgot to take a sign with us when we went to the dealership to look at 3 series Bimmers. I said "Oh it looks like it'll fit". It didn't, and this car didn't have the "winter" package or whatever, so the back seats didn't fold down. She was pissed because she had to carry it in the back seat wrapped in a towel/blanket.

Comment

Working...
                              X