Need opinions on a newer Maxima or Infinity M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Glad you posted - I have a very similar question. For my range, I'm looking at a 2010-ish Maxima or 07-08 G35 ... would anyone have any concerns purchasing the G35 with 50k ish miles? I know the reliability ratings are good - looking for first-hand experience.
    The G35 coupes wear frt tires quickly do to you cant rotate them .

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      She probably could get smaller signs, but the bigger the better, easier to see from a distance. Truthfully, when we looked at the G37, we didn't have a sign with us to test fit...she just kind of eye balled it. It could probably fit in there at an angle but I'm worried over time that will ruin the truck carpet. We may look at them again and take a sign with us...although, I've kinda convinced myself that I want the extra cabin space with the M in the event we take a short trip in it some where.

that's good to know, thanks.
      The G has a decent sized trunk. However, for travelling with more than 2 people the back seats (in our 06) are at a funky angle leaning back to allow for head room
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Both are Nissan, no thanks.....

Comment

Listen for any kind of timing chain noises. The guides wear out pretty quick and it's a crap ton of labor to repair. That and you are pretty much stuck going to the dealer for any kind of repair since everything requires a factory scan tool on these cars.

Comment

According to several people I work with that own them, both G35s and G37s will wear all four tires like crazy. Take it with a grain of salt, because any car will do that if it has sticky tires, four wheel independent suspension, and a minor alignment problem.

That said, I have always thought the M45s were way cooler than the Gs.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
              Both are Nissan, no thanks.....
              This. Get a Honda Accord.

Comment

Get a small SUV . My wife is realtor and those sign are huge. I couldn't imagine trying to stuff one in a sedan.
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                  Had an Altima a coupletimes for a rental car. The transmission fucking sucks! Steer clear of any car that uses a constant variable trans!
                  why is that?
                  someone just bought an altima and he wont stop fucking raving about the cvt.

Comment

I had that CVT in my old Murano. As some of the guys around here know, it blew up leaving a 1" hole in the side of the casing. Nissan replaced it under warranty but I would stay away from those transmissions..

Frankly I like the current and last generation M sedans. I wouldn't mind owning one myself.

Comment

Wife has the M37. I HATE that car. Seats are flat and hard. It's a lousy looking 4 door. Runs good though. She's had the G coupes before (35 & 37)...I bet she gets a Vette next time. She isn't a fan of the 4 door.

Comment

i don't understand these "help me pick out a car" threads? just dumb and nobody really helps lol....

Comment

Does anyone know what a dealer's typical limit is when buying vehicles at an auction? I'm going to look at an M37 that was a lease return and was purchased from Infinity's financial services. If I can find out what a dealer's "rule of thumb" is when buying, I'm hoping to find out how much wiggle room there is to negotiate their asking price.

Comment

Comment

very helpful, thanks. So the one I'm looking at is a 2011 m37, AWD, <22,000 miles and they're asking $28,9xx.

Carfax shows it was sold in NJ and lived up there till January, 2014 and was bought at an auction in Tennessee.

Comment

I didnt enter the correct info above...

Comment

Working...
                                X