No announcement yet.

Rethinking your drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I may have spent about $150.00 on booze in 2013 . I may spend about the same this year or maybe less .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I spend maybe $30 a month on booze, and I have bottles of whiskey and tequila that I have had for years. I'm pretty comfortable with my alcohol level. No booze and no smokes means I get to spend more on the OTHER frivolous shit thats not so bad for my health

Now my fried food intake is another story...been working on that.

Comment

I'm developing a drinking problem and its making me unhealthy.
        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          I take it back. More I think about it, it's probably closer to 1.5 handles a week. There are some weeks where a handle will last a full 7 days. There are definitely weeks where I go through more than two. But overall, the average is probably under two.

I drink 2 or 3 stiff drinks on weeknights to wind down, and on weekends I drink too get drunk. I throw in maybe 2 nights a week where I don't drink at all.

Either way, I suppose that's a lot. Never really stopped to think about it. It has no negative effects on my life, as far as relationships and work and all that, but it definitely helps keep me fat and maybe my liver hates me.

I figured all that was fairly normal, but you guys are making me feel like a lush. Maybe I'll reel it in a bit.
          If it honestly and truly isn't affecting your life in a negative way Jared, then no one's here to tell you that you need "help," but I assure you that even at your height, that much alcohol consumption is severely wearing on your health. Hell, the extra bodyfat in and of itself takes a toll.

I wasn't drinking near as much as you from a volume aspect, and still had to walk away completely. I was a happy drunk too, but the hangovers started getting exponentially worse. Ironically for me, I put on about 40lbs after I quite drinking, and man did I feel sluggish with all that weight around my midsection. Now that the weight is coming off, I feel like I'[m getting yet a third lease on life.

I am by no means preaching man, you're a good happy-go-lucky dude, let's keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            No booze and no smokes means I get to spend more on the OTHER frivolous shit thats not so bad for my health

Now my fried food intake is another story...been working on that.
            It's funny you say that because I don't seem to have any extra money lying around since leaving the tobacco and booze behind. I almost immediately tied all that extra discretionary spending into a bigger car payment.

Comment

I don't drink often, but when I do. Hooooooly balls, now it's a party.

Comment

$70 a month on whiskey or vodka for the house.
                $30 a week on expensive beer for the house.
                $100+ a month at 3rd base.... i mean wild bitch.

Then there's the ammo problem...

Comment

This thread has me wanting beer.
                  Time to stop off at Lonestar Beverages on my way home.
                  sigpic

Comment

I drink at home. Average a little over 2 handles of Crown a week, but that includes weekends, of course. So, $500-$600/month.

Comment

I take it back. More I think about it, it's probably closer to 1.5 handles a week. There are some weeks where a handle will last a full 7 days. There are definitely weeks where I go through more than two. But overall, the average is probably under two.

I drink 2 or 3 stiff drinks on weeknights to wind down, and on weekends I drink too get drunk. I throw in maybe 2 nights a week where I don't drink at all.

Either way, I suppose that's a lot. Never really stopped to think about it. It has no negative effects on my life, as far as relationships and work and all that, but it definitely helps keep me fat and maybe my liver hates me.

I figured all that was fairly normal, but you guys are making me feel like a lush. Maybe I'll reel it in a bit.
                      I would say that is my average week as well. I drink with friends so if I'm out of town working I don't drink at all. That being said if I have friends in town I've been known to go on a bender. $500 bartabs are the norm, but that includes food as well.
                      If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I racked up 30k dollars in "expenses" from Pappa's Pizza one year to my old company

now I drink once a week, at $30 for the night

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            I racked up 30k dollars in "expenses" from Pappa's Pizza one year to my old company

now I drink once a week, at $30 for the night
                            haha, I remember those "Pappas tabs", I don't know how we didn't die from alcohol poisoning.

I'm in the same boat, I had some wine, beers and a strong drink on Friday and about 8 beers on Sat. next door at my neighbors house, before that it was three weeks since I had a drink.
                            I went to the Ford Driving class with my son last year and we had a class on DWI 's cost and it's up to 17K for a DWI so that was a wake up call for me. I've never been busted by the MAN for a DWI or DUI so I decided I need to curb my alcohol consumption.

That and it's very hypocritical of me to tell my son not to drink and drive whilst dad is sipping a cold one on the way home...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I usually get 2 twelves a week for the house, one for me and one for the wife.

The shop, on the other hand, is a completely different story. It's pretty common for three or four of us to bring a 12 or 18 pack and have to make a beer run.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

About a 6 pack of stella every month. I don't drink that often anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X