Rethinking your drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    Probie and I are drinking beer at the house at around a case every three or four days. We didn't factor $100 a month into rent lol
    That.

Wild Turkey tonight though
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      I can assure you my drinking problem is on the supply side only.
      my nerdga
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm still adding......
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Ten years ago or so, I actually decided to go through all my credit card charges for that month and the bar tabs alone came out to just about $800. That's basically how me and all my friends were at the time. We were regulars at a different bar every night of the week more or less. Went on that way for quite some time before and after I figured out I spent that much on booze.

Luckily I was able to grow up and out of that stage in life and now we probably spend less than $100 a month between Katrina and I. Of course that's not including random GTG's or her girls nights/bday parties etc.
          --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            I thought I drank too much, but some of the comments in here make me feel better about it lol.
            Yeah these guys are making me feel good as well.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I haven't had a drink in two weeks.

Comment

This year I have spent way too much on drinking (dfwmustangs baller wise)

I need to slow it down and save some cash

Comment

Damn, bunch of alcoholics in here. 6 pack will last me a week to a month depending on my work load. Have a 750ml bottle of scotch that has lasted damn near two years.

Comment

I finished adding.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

My total for 2014 thus far is $0, same as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        That is just crazy to me. And no hookers are involved in that estimate?
                        I take it back. More I think about it, it's probably closer to 1.5 handles a week. There are some weeks where a handle will last a full 7 days. There are definitely weeks where I go through more than two. But overall, the average is probably under two.

I drink 2 or 3 stiff drinks on weeknights to wind down, and on weekends I drink too get drunk. I throw in maybe 2 nights a week where I don't drink at all.

Either way, I suppose that's a lot. Never really stopped to think about it. It has no negative effects on my life, as far as relationships and work and all that, but it definitely helps keep me fat and maybe my liver hates me.

I figured all that was fairly normal, but you guys are making me feel like a lush. Maybe I'll reel it in a bit.

Comment

You drink a lot dude. You're also a big guy. And we're all getting to the age where we aren't bulletproof any more. It will start having an effect on your health soon if it hasn't already and you just don't know yet.

Don't take that as me telling you you should slow down, you're a merry drunk, and we're all adults here. But you and me both are knocking on the door of 40, and I've watched my health decline through my 30's and imagine that is only going to keep on happening. On the bright side it seems to be on a slight uptick and I've lost some weight.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            You drink a lot dude. You're also a big guy. And we're all getting to the age where we aren't bulletproof any more. It will start having an effect on your health soon if it hasn't already and you just don't know yet.

Don't take that as me telling you you should slow down, you're a merry drunk, and we're all adults here. But you and me both are knocking on the door of 40, and I've watched my health decline through my 30's and imagine that is only going to keep on happening. On the bright side it seems to be on a slight uptick and I've lost some weight.
                            And there are the milfs waiting for you to get out and find them. They may have baggage but many have the NSA down.
                            Rich

Comment

Maybe a 12 pack a week. Had a few alcoholics in the family so not trying to go down that road

Comment

3 or 4 years prior to January of '13 I went through a 750ml of some kind of bourbon a week with a few beers scattered in between. Then I got real sick for a couple of weeks and never picked the bourbon back up. I've been given two bottles as gifts over the last year and both remain unopened. Maybe one day.

I got back in to beer, started homebrewing, and have 3-4 beers on tap at any given time and try to always keep one in the fermenter. I thought I would potentially drink more by doing this, but I don't, which is good. I have 1-2 pints a night during the week and maybe 3 on Saturday night, if I can stay awake that long.

Comment

Working...
                                X