No announcement yet.

Who has won custody of their child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever get in touch with fathers4kids, Seb? You need to. A custody battle doesn't have to cost $20,000+. Mine didn't with my son. But it would with my daughter.

They are an invaluable resource. I represented myself, and was only out the membership fee, court costs, and fees to have the papers drawn up. But I was there, every night just about. Listening, learning, taking notes, and building my case. You're either going to have to pay a lawyer or put in the time it takes to get comfortable with it, and go pro se.

It will get ugly, EVERYTHING will be brought up. Your past, her past, rumor mill shit, etc. but here's the deal. You're going to miss every shot you don't take.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
      wow bro...I remember when she was 2 years old...No problem
      I know its amazing how time flys. On another note. The Rat is back up running & trans is fixed after 6 years. Working on getting it ready to compete in the 7.0 class
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

why not work out a deal that you both live in the same area and the daughter spends afternoons at your place with the brother, then gets picked up later. Saves the family day care costs and gets the family time she wants.

you could also do a split custody deal where you have her a week and the ex has her a week. Easy and cheap to draft up as long as the both of you are willing.

BTW....$25k to settle this kind of thing is relatively cheap compared to what I went through without kids.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          why not work out a deal that you both live in the same area and the daughter spends afternoons at your place with the brother, then gets picked up later. Saves the family day care costs and gets the family time she wants.

you could also do a split custody deal where you have her a week and the ex has her a week. Easy and cheap to draft up as long as the both of you are willing.

BTW....$25k to settle this kind of thing is relatively cheap compared to what I went through without kids.
          Her mother & I have talked about this. I have some issues on my side as well with my relationship with my current spouse. We are not solid & that is her mothers concern and I respect that. Right now as it is. My spouse lives in Garland & I have a place in Royse City. For me to get joint custody I would have to live in Royse City pretty much all the time. But that their presents a problem since my son & his mother live n Garland. Also $25k is alot for a guy like me. Not saying my daughter isnt worth it. But I realize im not in a good place in my life to take this fight on. It just breaks my heart when I have to take her back to her mothers & she tells me how she hates leaving her brother & hates sitting in daycare. My heart wants to fight this fight, But my mind tells me now is not the time.
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Did you ever get in touch with fathers4kids, Seb? You need to. A custody battle doesn't have to cost $20,000+. Mine didn't with my son. But it would with my daughter.

They are an invaluable resource. I represented myself, and was only out the membership fee, court costs, and fees to have the papers drawn up. But I was there, every night just about. Listening, learning, taking notes, and building my case. You're either going to have to pay a lawyer or put in the time it takes to get comfortable with it, and go pro se.

It will get ugly, EVERYTHING will be brought up. Your past, her past, rumor mill shit, etc. but here's the deal. You're going to miss every shot you don't take.

This is what im worried about Brent. As you know cause you remember my ex. But she works for a Law Firm and is a Paralegal or now Office Admin for her law firm. But my past is checkered and I feel going head to head with her is going to burn my chances of getting my daughter back in the future and demolish what type of good relationship we have now. After years of being hard headed I know its alot easier to catch Bee's with honey then it is vinegar. Im hoping that Aubrey will stand up for herself & express to her mother that she is bored there living in the country with this guy and hates being at daycare. I know Mandy is a reasonable woman. I just have to get my shit together on my property & sell some of these damn sports car & focus on providing a stable home on my property and a RV isnt going to cut it.
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
              I know its amazing how time flys. On another note. The Rat is back up running & trans is fixed after 6 years. Working on getting it ready to compete in the 7.0 class
              Dang let me know when you are heading to the track...I myself have a S/C Lightning I want to take to the track with some bolt-ons...and a 95 GT that is work in progress.
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                Dang let me know when you are heading to the track...I myself have a S/C Lightning I want to take to the track with some bolt-ons...and a 95 GT that is work in progress.
                Oh Damn! I need to come out and check your 95 out. Great minds think alike. This is my 95 TFS Heads Cobra Intake with all bolt ons and stock 3.08 gears. It was my daily, But Sadly I am selling it along with my 88 IROC Z and my 95 5th Wheel RV to get a Singlewide, The RV is cutting it anymore. You got a PM
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Check into used, Seb. Those things have absolutely retarded mark up new, and the drop in value is worse than a 1 month old BMW.

Comment

Attorneys of Cordell and Cordell present essential divorce information and resources about alimony, child support, and child custody for men and fathers.

You have to do your homework. This is where I started. A lot of useful info. Best of luck man
                    The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Oh Damn! I need to come out and check your 95 out. Great minds think alike. This is my 95 TFS Heads Cobra Intake with all bolt ons and stock 3.08 gears. It was my daily, But Sadly I am selling it along with my 88 IROC Z and my 95 5th Wheel RV to get a Singlewide, The RV is cutting it anymore. You got a PM
                      Cool bro...I cant believe you still have the Red IROC...waiting on PM bro...
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Hmmm... Price on the IROC? I thought you sold that thing to David a while back.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Hmmm... Price on the IROC? I thought you sold that thing to David a while back.
                          No its been sitting just collecting dust. Not sure yet! I need to put a new Dashpad on it and all the tires are dry rotted. But car runs & drives great. Just needs AC charged. It should be up for sale this next month. If I was to sell it now the way it sits I would let it go for $4500. Car has Original Window sticker and have all the receipts of all the work done on the car since it was new. I have some pics on FB of it. The car actually belonged to David Cobrajet off here and its been a work in progress for 5 years
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                          X