No announcement yet.

Who has won custody of their child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well im losing the wind out my Sails out my boat for this fight. But does it make a difference that I have claimed her every year since she has been born and there has been no defined custody agreement filed with the state or between us in the 5 years we have been apart. I honestly don't think I can prove her unfit. I can really just express my concerns about her environment that she lives in and express she has said on many occasions that she rather live with me then her mother
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

its expensive Seb. i have my son, and ran me a touch over $25k.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good luck with it Seb. You're a great dad and i hope it all turns out good for ya.
        1997 viper gts
        1986 turbo mustang
        1987 Buick grand national
        1972 nova

Comment

If you are truly concerned about the environment your kids are in, my only advice would be documentation. Document everything that you see, and every choice she makes that could be considered a safety concern for the children.

At the same time, you have to be better than squeaky clean. I would suggest no alcohol (if you drink at all), no activities that could be considered dangerous, etc.

I have sole custody. By the decree, my ex can see her daughter on every other Saturday from 10am to 6pm at either my house, my parents house, or her parents house....but I have to be present at all three. I also receive child support. It's a hard fight but, under the right circumstances, it is possible.

Good luck.
          Last edited by diablo rojo; 03-18-2014, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Seb, I assume your ex knows you post on here more than likely? Think about all the things you've posted about and been involved in on here over the years and if you want that all laid out in detail in a courtroom with what custody you have on the line. Not knocking you bud, we've all done stupid shit, but there is a long trail of you making some questionable decisions that are not going to look good in the court room of a state that already has a huge bias toward the mother. Good luck regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Seb, I assume your ex knows you post on here more than likely? Think about all the things you've posted about and been involved in on here over the years and if you want that all laid out in detail in a courtroom with what custody you have on the line. Not knocking you bud, we've all done stupid shit, but there is a long trail of you making some questionable decisions that are not going to look good in the court room of a state that already has a huge bias toward the mother. Good luck regardless.
              we generally police and take care of our own. im computer illiterate, but could that be "handled" for him?

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                we generally police and take care of our own. im computer illiterate, but could that be "handled" for him?

god bless.

Not in Canada, where most of that stuff is.

Comment

Not in Canada, where most of that stuff is.
                  YouTube...

Comment

Aubrey is 8 now? Man where has time gone! Good luck Seb..
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

You drive a good point Eric and also it does make me second guess fighting her when you look at it in a big picture. Most of my stuff is on Canada from all the dumb shit I did back almost 10 years ago. But its still a part of who I am and im sure it will be brought up if I choose to take it to this level. I want my daughter to be happy. But I also know her mother is a good mother. I just question some of the choices she is making these days. I know she wants companionship and a mate and I want her to have those things, She deserves them. Aubrey wants to see her brother & be a part of his life on a daily basis. I think for the time being it might be better I sign the papers & sell some toys and get my shit together on my property & take another stab at this down the road when she is older & has more of a say in this and the courts care what she has to say when she is older
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I got your message last night, but I've been tied up. I'll try to call you this evening. I've got a factory guy in town, and we have appointments in to the evening, so not sure when I'll be done.

Good info in this thread. Also glad to see that it's not as uncommon as it used to be.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

This is a timely thread, because Kat and I have been thinking about the same thing with having my daughter live with us. But I know that her mother will not let it go without ginormous fight to the death, knock down drag out battle. And just from what I've read in these few posts, it seems that it's gonna be way out of the realm of being affordable to have an attorney do what we need him to do.

I know fathersforequalrights.org can be helpful. I spoke with them 8 years ago when we first when to meditation about my daughter when she was born. They send out a newsletter every so often and it tells of how fathers went to court Pro Se and were able to win, but I'm often curious of the conditions of those situations.

I just know my daughter would get more attention at home here than she does at home there. Her brother is here to play with. It'll be a two parent home and there is a neighborhood full of kids her age and more access to any extra-curricular type stuff she could ever want to do. But trying to convince her mom that all that is better than being at home all day watching tv and movies (some not appropriate for kids of course) or spending all afternoon at the neighbors or in after school care is going to be like trying to find a Malaysian 777 in the Indian Ocean. Next to impossible

Good luck to you SEB, hopefully it'll work out great for both of us
                          --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                            This is a timely thread, because Kat and I have been thinking about the same thing with having my daughter live with us. But I know that her mother will not let it go without ginormous fight to the death, knock down drag out battle. And just from what I've read in these few posts, it seems that it's gonna be way out of the realm of being affordable to have an attorney do what we need him to do.

I know fathersforequalrights.org can be helpful. I spoke with them 8 years ago when we first when to meditation about my daughter when she was born. They send out a newsletter every so often and it tells of how fathers went to court Pro Se and were able to win, but I'm often curious of the conditions of those situations.

I just know my daughter would get more attention at home here than she does at home there. Her brother is here to play with. It'll be a two parent home and there is a neighborhood full of kids her age and more access to any extra-curricular type stuff she could ever want to do. But trying to convince her mom that all that is better than being at home all day watching tv and movies (some not appropriate for kids of course) or spending all afternoon at the neighbors or in after school care is going to be like trying to find a Malaysian 777 in the Indian Ocean. Next to impossible

Good luck to you SEB, hopefully it'll work out great for both of us
                            Man sounds like we have the exact same problem and cirsumstance's! But yes after reading the replys I have got on here. I have to say I mow yards and run a business that I seem to only break even at here lately and really dont have the funds to get in a expensive battle with her mother. Not to mention her mother and I get along for the most part. But my concerns is same as yours. Aubrey sits at daycare till 6 every evening & I know this is normal. But between her 1 year old brother (WHICH ALL LITTLE GIRLS LOVE BABIES FOR SOME REASON) and her 8 year old step brother and 12 year old Step brother ( ADRIAN MY SPOUSE'S BOYS) and us living in a neighborhood with sidewalks & other kids. I know my daughter would be so much happier living with me and her siblings instead of living in the country with nothing to do. But as you said. No way I would get her back without blowing at least close to 20k and prolly will still end up losing. I think it more wise to bide my time for the next 5 years and focus on getting my shit more together and re visiting this fight in 5 years when she is 13 and can choose for herself where she wants to live
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                              Aubrey is 8 now? Man where has time gone! Good luck Seb..
                              Yes she turns 8 here in July! Thanks man I appreciate it Jose
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                                Yes she turns 8 here in July! Thanks man I appreciate it Jose
                                wow bro...I remember when she was 2 years old...No problem
                                Originally posted by Da Prez
                                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                                X