Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you cancel a new car deal after signing the paperwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you cancel a new car deal after signing the paperwork?

Long story short, my younger brother got screwed. He did the paperwork yesterday and is suppose to pick up the car today. Is there a way for him to get out of this mess?

he has the sign to pick up the car....as long as he doenst sign for the car at pick up....he should be able to get out of it.....just dont drive the car off the lot.
    Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

I thought texas had a 3 day cool-off period?

Comment

Originally posted by thedriver33 View Post
        he has the sign to pick up the car....as long as he doenst sign for the car at pick up....he should be able to get out of it.....just dont drive the car off the lot.
        Thanks, I hope this is true I'll let him know.

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        I breifly searched on this and but nothing I read can confirm this. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post

I breifly searched on this and but nothing I read can confirm this. Anyone know?
          There is no cool off period in texas, unless specifically stated.

Warning: I'm not a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post

Just did some checking and apparently it only falls into a very narrow set of circumstances.

Comment

Make sure he doesn't pick the car up. Have him call the salesman and explain that he doesnt want the car. Give them a chance to be cool about it. They will likely tell him it's too late and try to scare him into believing he has to take it. If that happens, have him call the finance company directly and tell them he is not taking ownership of the car and wishes to void any contract. At the end of the day, they would have to be real dicks to send him a bill. They may say they are going to, but I doubt they would go through with it if he doesn't pick up the car.

If he already paid a deposit or down payment he is likely screwed on that cash.

Comment

They haven't taken his down payment from what he told me. Thanks I'll let him know this

Comment

I think its called

Right of Recision

Comment

If he hasn't given down payment, just tell them he can't get the money together.... problem solved.

Comment

You bet your ass he can. Because the dealer would do it to him. Couple years ago a unnamed dealer canceled a contract on me. I went in bought a vehicle, and at the time the automaker was running two incentives. You got one or the other, well the idiot in finance gave me both which I was pretty damn happy with. Few days later I guess the people in the big office discovered his mistake and called me to say I had to come in to sign a new contract, I told them to fuck theirselves. Next day bank called and said they wouldn't fund the dealership until I signed a new contract. So I told them to get fucked also and gave them back the vehicle and went on my merry way to buy one elsewhere.

Comment

How did your brother get screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                          You bet your ass he can. Because the dealer would do it to him. Couple years ago a unnamed dealer canceled a contract on me. I went in bought a vehicle, and at the time the automaker was running two incentives. You got one or the other, well the idiot in finance gave me both which I was pretty damn happy with. Few days later I guess the people in the big office discovered his mistake and called me to say I had to come in to sign a new contract, I told them to fuck theirselves. Next day bank called and said they wouldn't fund the dealership until I signed a new contract. So I told them to get fucked also and gave them back the vehicle and went on my merry way to buy one elsewhere.
                          wow i would be pissed off

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            This is correct. My gf bought a mustang last year, signed everything, including the paperwork that stated she had 3 days to return it. She gave the car back two days after signing with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                              How did your brother get screwed?
                              Car was suppose to be $23,800 OTD (2014 Accord Sport Sedan 6speed). Once he got to the financing sharks the paperwork showed he was financing $27,xxx and that was after a $4,500 down payment...

He just text me that they want to fix the contract....

Comment

Working...
                              X