Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude come on.....

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Don't pull out your fucking cell phone after it rings and start texting messaging someone while the interviewer is reviewing your application. Jesus fuck.
    It's fucking oreilly's....you're not Donald Trump. What do you expect from a 4:20 skate board Gen Y bro ?

This same discussion was talked about between same of my friends. This guy was being interviewed and wanted to know why he had to prove he was a American Citizen. Then he didn't want the Government knowing where he worked !!! Really ???.....
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

People wonder why the service seems to suck at a lot of parts stores. It isn't like we've got Columbia graduates applying. Necessary evil.
      I'd come work for you if I didn't live way the fuck away. I need an easy, entertaining job while I'm in school.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Low pay will always net you low talent and in turn reward you with low class.

Pay more and get better talent and more class until then you get to put up with people texting during an interview; that whole low class of the equation
        Sounds okay on paper, but most of O'Reilly's clientele will drive across town to save 35 cents on an alternator at Auto Zone. And frankly, having the store manager making good money is good enough for me, he gets paid to find the best talent that seven bucks an hour can buy.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Sounds okay on paper, but most of O'Reilly's clientele will drive across town to save 35 cents on an alternator at Auto Zone. And frankly, having the store manager making good money is good enough for me, he gets paid to find the best talent that seven bucks an hour can buy.
          Hey I am not knocking the job. I worked it back in 1999 (23yrs old then) for a few months part time and even went full time for a few weeks until another job came around. I was making okay money for a PT second job but full time it was not gonna cut it. As a counter guy I was making $11 an hour back then. But I am a car/mechanic kind of guy. I remember the my interview "name all the parts to a small block 350" "EFI or Carb?" "lets just say long block"....I named every seal, nut, bolt, washer, gasket and hard part to include retainers and keepers..he actually cut me off before I could finish. lol
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            How much does the help get anyway? When I was a P/M for Autozone the hourly wage was $7.00.
            Entry level, $8 is fairly standard, but depends on prior experience. Most counter people aren't going to go past $11 an hour. If they get to that level, they want to move to the back parts counter and take care of commercial clients, since the sales volume is higher.

Originally posted by Neil View Post
            I'd come work for you if I didn't live way the fuck away. I need an easy, entertaining job while I'm in school.
            That explains that Pm. haha

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            Exactly. Blame the market, not the company trying to survive. Managers make pretty decent money if they know what they're doing. I could always make more, but who couldn't? I'm certainly not complaining/hurting over here. Once you've been in the job awhile it's pretty easy.

Comment

...and just as a sidebar: The entire paying people more and getting better people isn't that great of an argument. Look at the people making 30 an hour to screw on a door panel at GM. Do you think most of them are high quality people? Do you think those door panels are being secured better than someone who would do it for $10 an hour?

It's a blue collar job; you're always going to have a slightly lowered element of society applying for it. Some of the highest paid counter people I've seen have also been the most worthless. Maybe you guys remember my thread about the guy I fired last year that said I was racist because he had been late about 80 times. Guess what? Absolute top of the pay scale. (I inherited him with a store I took over, I certainly didn't make the decisions leading up to him being in that position).

Then you'll get the 20 year old hispanic guy that already has a kid or two that will completely rock your counter and show up whenever you need him, work any overtime, and bust his ass at $8 an hour. It's all about weeding people out through the hiring process. Laziness and entitlement know no hourly monetary bounds.

Comment

...and just as a sidebar: The entire paying people more and getting better people isn't that great of an argument. Look at the people making 30 an hour to screw on a door panel at GM. Do you think most of them are high quality people? Do you think those door panels are being secured better than someone who would do it for $10 an hour?

It's a blue collar job; you're always going to have a slightly lowered element of society applying for it. Some of the highest paid counter people I've seen have also been the most worthless. Maybe you guys remember my thread about the guy I fired last year that said I was racist because he had been late about 80 times. Guess what? Absolute top of the pay scale. (I inherited him with a store I took over, I certainly didn't make the decisions leading up to him being in that position).

Then you'll get the 20 year old hispanic guy that already has a kid or two that will completely rock your counter and show up whenever you need him, work any overtime, and bust his ass at $8 an hour. It's all about weeding people out through the hiring process. Laziness and entitlement know no hourly monetary bounds.
                I will agree.

I have laborers who litterally watch Afghans clean our shitters for 12hrs a day and make $75k a year that can't even spell their name much less stay away for the hash, herion, and booze; all items that will cost them their job with a quickness.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  Sheesh, when was this? I worked there in 2000 and was making $8.35 which I thought was pretty good for what it was. I thought I saw recently where they still payed that though.

I know a douche about 20 yo who toted his baby in a car seat into a job interview. Not because he absolutely could not find someone to babysit, but because he thought the interviewer would see him as being "responsible" and have pity on him.
                  That was starting. Depended on their "experience" if you can call it that, which was based loosely on whether or not they could point to the engine and if it was fuel injected or carbureted. The store I worked at is in a small town as well.
                  Entry level, $8 is fairly standard, but depends on prior experience. Most counter people aren't going to go past $11 an hour. If they get to that level, they want to move to the back parts counter and take care of commercial clients, since the sales volume is higher.
                  So basically one could make about the same wage at Taco Bell. Hired many of those when I worked at the crazy Christian TV station. Starting wage was $5 which my boss stretched from 1993 to 1997. If only I had $5 for the amount of times I told him "you get what you pay for" whenever he'd bitch about an on air mistake...

Comment

Working...
                  X