SXSW accident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXSW accident?

Friend posted about a car hitting several people at SXSW about 20 minutes ago. Anyone know anything?

Ouch.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Damn.

Comment

Multiple fatalities reported.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

rip.

Comment

2 dead 23 hurt

http://www.kvue.com/news/EMS-respond...250013221.html

AUSTIN -- Two people are dead and 23 more are injured following an accident involving a vehicle and multiple pedestrians on Red River and 10th streets in downtown Austin early Thursday morning, officials say.

Of the 23 reported injured, officials said five were in critical condition.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said officers initially tried to pull over the driver at a gas station on the Interstate 35 service road. The driver fled the wrong way down Ninth Street, which is a one-way street, and turned onto Red River, hitting pedestrians at a "high rate of speed."

Acevedo said the driver hit a man and a woman on a moped, a taxi and a van before stopping the vehicle and fleeing on foot. The driver was eventually tased and taken into custody. The two people on the moped were killed.

A KVUE employee on the scene reported just before 1 a.m. Thursday that a car drove through a crowd of people on Red River street just outside of The Mohawk.

Police have not released the names of the two victims.

Acevedo said the driver will be charged with two counts of capital murder.

Acevedo also said that parts of Red River Street will be closed throughout the day Thursday.
            Austin police are asking anyone with information on the accident to speak to officers on scene.

Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell released the following statement just after 4 a.m. Thursday:
            "I have been made aware of the tragic accident that occurred early this morning near 10th and Red River. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims, as well as those being treated in area hospitals. First responders rushed to the scene to provide aid to the victims. The

Austin Police Department is investigating this matter as allegedly involving drunk driving. If this is true, this fact angers me. Drunk driving is never acceptable, and can lead to deadly consequences."
            Can't link pics on phone
            Last edited by 01vnms4v; 03-13-2014, 05:02 AM.

Comment

If they were liberal Obama supporters, fuck em. If not, RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                If they were liberal Obama supporters, fuck em. If not, RIP.
                Partying down in Austin? If they weren't smashed before, they are now!

Tasteless. Sorry.
                sigpic

Comment

R.i.p. Sad.

Comment

Damn, I've been at that very intersection many times.
                    RIP to those that died, and fuck the DWI that caused it.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

damn glad my kids were elsewhere for Spring Break or they could have been right in that mess. RIP to those and thoughts go out to the families who are suffering

Comment

Rest In Peace. Hope the drunk piece of crap gets beat to a pulp in the tank!

Comment

I hope Henry has heard from his daughter this morning.

Comment

The news reported he was trying to avoid a DUI checkpoint.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              The news reported he was trying to avoid a DUI checkpoint.
                              Damn, if you're going to ride dirty at least be smart about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X