Ecotec vs Ecoboost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecotec vs Ecoboost

Drove a Chevy Cruz ecotec 1.4 ltr turbo and then drove the Fusion with 1.6 ltr ecoboost. I am a chevy guy, but damn the Fusion would out run the Cruz at half throttle. Chevy has pretty much fallen off the hp wagon. Except. For vetts an Camaros. We ended up with the fusion an do not regret the extra money spent. Damn nice car

Those fusion are nice cars.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

My mom has one of those Chevy Cruzes. It's quiet and comfortable (albeit cramped), but it's been in the shop more times than any other new car I've ever seen.

And yes, it is very slow.

Comment

Doesn't the Ecoboost 1.6 make like 50 more hp than the 1.4 ecotec turbo? Of course, it's way faster. The 1.4 ecotec is an economy engine period with barely okay torque.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

I don't think it's a fair comparison. The Cruz is a compact vehicle made to get excellent mpg. I think you would have to compare same type models. So a Fusion should cross over to a Malibu. The Malibu 2.0 turbo make 259hp. I'm sure it's quicker than the Fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            Drove a Chevy Cruz ecotec 1.4 ltr turbo and then drove the Fusion with 1.6 ltr ecoboost. I am a chevy guy, but damn the Fusion would out run the Cruz at half throttle. Chevy has pretty much fallen off the hp wagon. Except. For vetts an Camaros. We ended up with the fusion an do not regret the extra money spent. Damn nice car
            I had the 1.4 ecotec cruze and traded it for a 2.0 ecoboost Edge.

The edge is much quicker, but the mpg is not good. 22 avg or so

Comment

Originally posted by MrSS View Post
              I don't think it's a fair comparison. The Cruz is a compact vehicle made to get excellent mpg. I think you would have to compare same type models. So a Fusion should cross over to a Malibu. The Malibu 2.0 turbo make 259hp. I'm sure it's quicker than the Fusion.
              I was thinking 1.4 vs 1.6 is close in size an the fusion feels bigger.
              Which would eat up more hp. Is it an exact comparison? No. We looked at the malibu, nice care, but to me the fusion is much nicer IMO.

Comment

I got the wife 2014 Fusion about 4 months ago with a 2.5L in it, and I was very surprised at how quick this car is. And after switching the oil out to Full synthetic, the fuel mileage went from a consistent 24.7 in town to 30 mpg. And on the hwy 33-36.
                Last edited by DFWtechie; 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                  I the wife 2014 Fusion about 4 months ago with a 2.5L in it, and I was very surprised at how quick this car is. And after switching the oil out to Full synthetic, the fuel mileage went from a consistent 24.7 in town to 30 mpg. And on the hwy 33-36.
                  5.3 mpg more in town by going to synthetic?????
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

That is some damn good oil.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                      5.3 mpg more in town by going to synthetic?????
                      Yes, as long as I don't drive like an ass. Also it the motor just now has 6k on it. I am thinking the engine was not getting the best being new and not broke in a little.

Comment

Ecotec 2.0 > all 4 cylinder ecoboost motors. Well, until the ecoboost 2.3 arrives.

Comment

Right. I had the Focus ST (2.0 Ecoboost) and my wife has the Escape with the 2.0 Ecoboost. Both are very impressive. I dove the Fusion and Escape with the 1.6 Ecoboost and the 2.0 was tons better! Then I drove one of those Ecotec Cruze POS. Jeez! I'm surprised Chevy sells any of them.

Comment

What do u mean "had"?! You just got those two Ford's!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                              What do u mean "had"?! You just got those two Ford's!
                              Got bored with the ST and sold it to CARMAX for more than I thought I would get (I got it pretty cheap in the first place). Then bought a clean 2001 TA (auto and t-tops). A guy ran a stop sign and totaled it. I just picked up a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. All black, clean and stock for now. I just picked up long tubes and an X pipe, though. The lowering springs will be here tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X