Marine to recieve medal after jumping on grenade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    I don't deny getting a bit miffed a time or two, but it has always been personal in nature, and not in reference to comments about some news story or person that I don't know. I've actually pointed out more than once, the duality of the board, 3 pages of puns when someone's wife cuts of his balls, but now THIS story is off limits. We laugh at stars ODing, but when a member kills himself not a single off color comment is tolerated.

That aside, when I read the original story, I first thought of the grenade scene in Captain America, and how that made me feel. My comment was a play on words, nothing more.
    Shit, this place is teeming with hypocrisy. Oddly enough I've grown to expect it, and in some weird way I'm ok with the the boards being as hypocritical as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      My post was a, albeit juvenile, play on words, not any kind of personal attack. Some of you are way too butthurt over nothing.
      Yeah dude not gonna lie, that was dumb. I'm not really sure what you got out of that, it wasn't a funny or witty quip. Either way people speak a little faster than their brains think sometimes, hopefully it was just a blip in your judgment and not indicative of who you are.

Comment

Jesus, the guy made an off color joke on the internet, it's not like he said he was copulating with your family members or something. I think he was right about folks being too easily butthurt.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Jesus, the guy made an off color joke on the internet, it's not like he said he was copulating with your family members or something. I think he was right about folks being too easily butthurt.
          If it's truly only "the internet" then my opinion really shouldn't matter should it? Geez folks get too easily butthurt around here....

Or you can show a little respect for a kid who got half his face blown off for his friend and country regardless of the medium you choose to communicate.... The statement being online doesn't change the fact that you said it.

Comment

How's that cousin doin?
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              With dough like that I could get a cow skin rug
              Lol, I don't know why but this almost made me spit my drink out

Comment

Some butt hurt fairies in hur, you know who.
                Ded

Comment

As if that dude did not have enough respect from me, during an interview he said something along the lines of "You won't hear me complaining." in reference to his injuries. True or not, it's commendable.

Those who make jokes about these things - you ain't gaining points in my book. Not that it matters. However, it's clear you don't understand that even some random jarhead has more respect from most prior service guys than most of you. A hand grenade is not some black cat going off and you would not cover it assuming you're getting a medal.

Some call it butt hurt - I call it showing a little respect. You're free to say what you want, but don't expect prior service (Especially those deployed) folks to laugh along with you.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                    If it's truly only "the internet" then my opinion really shouldn't matter should it? Geez folks get too easily butthurt around here....

Or you can show a little respect for a kid who got half his face blown off for his friend and country regardless of the medium you choose to communicate.... The statement being online doesn't change the fact that you said it.
                    Who said it? I didn't. Is anything not beyond reproach, ridicule, or humor to you?
                    Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    How's that cousin doin?
                    Practically married and with a kid?

Too many people in here are screaming about how you can't make jokes about certain things. Fuck that. You can make a joke about anything, and if you look at a situation right there's a joke to be had in even the most gruesome of events. Lighten the fuck up. There's a difference between jokes, contempt, and respect. Is it not possible to make a joke about something but still respect it?

Comment

The person who made the "off color" comment has many times on this very forum taken the moral high ground when something is displeasing. I was only pointing out the hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        The person who made the "off color" comment has many times on this very forum taken the moral high ground when something is displeasing. I was only pointing out the hypocrisy.
                        I don't have a problem with people pointing out hypocrisy, but to assume anything is sacred is folly.

Comment

I don't have a problem with people pointing out hypocrisy, but to assume anything is sacred is folly.
                          And we all know you are the voice of reason, by golly!11

I fucking rule.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            And we all know you are the voice of reason, by golly!11

I fucking rule.
                            A legend in your own mind.

Comment

For some reason that just doesn't sting very much when it's stated by a trash mouthed California fruitcake.

Comment

Working...
                              X