Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One week to do anything you want... what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One week to do anything you want... what do you do?

The first week of April. Completely free to do anything.

I am going from one job to another and taking a week in between to hit the mental reset button. My existing employer will be paying me for a couple weeks of vacation when I leave so budget for the fun week is not a huge deal. Also, airfare is free.

Thinking about going to Glacier National Park... or maybe Yellowstone.

Or I've always wanted to go to the Keys and take a sea plane out to Dry Tortugas.

Or maybe go hike Big Bend?

So, one week with no plans, no obligations, no job, no boss... what do you do?

GNP or Yellowstone for a few days and then off to the Keys for some serious relaxing and reading on the beach. Of course this is what you want to do.

If it was me, I'd be somewhere tropical with a pristine beach with no kids around for the entire week. Just me, a book and something to strong to drink...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Glacier is fantastic but I don't think the Going to the Sun Road is open until May. The Keys are a tourist trap, but something that should be done once. Same with Yellowstone. Ever driven the PCH? Maybe go to Alaska? Whistler British Columbia is probably beautiful this time of year.

Comment

Im in the same boat your in. Switching jobs. I chose to leave my old job Friday and stat the new one Monday. A vacation for me means more working on stuff at home so why even bother taking one.

Comment

I tell ya what I would do man, two chicks at the same time.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
            Im in the same boat your in. Switching jobs. I chose to leave my old job Friday and stat the new one Monday. A vacation for me means more working on stuff at home so why even bother taking one.
            You're doing it wrong?
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Prague..
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                Prague..
                Should have specified continental US only lol

Comment

Alaska

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    You're doing it wrong?
                    Married w/ kids. Even on Vacation away from home it's too much damn work.

Comment

A week of fishing on Falcon lake or lake Okeechobee sounds pretty damn good to me.
                      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Driving the pch is fun and all until you get stuck behind camper bob and the slow as people who never use the turnouts. I dont think its a escape type vacations. It is one of those ive done it things.

I'd go fishing, hunting, camping in a nice cabin. That is a good time of the year for those trips. No bugs yet, still cool at night for fires.

Comment

I'd trailer the bike to cali and hit up muholland any other good roads for a week, or to the rockys and camp/chill out

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            Should have specified continental US only lol
                            My C-130 Guard unit has three missions to Germany and one to Czech in April. I put my name in the hat for all four. Been to both many times but I love Prague.
                            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Rent a sports car or bike (if you don't own one) and drive...

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

Comment

Working...
                              X