Taxis are protesting downtown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxis are protesting downtown

Ha what a bunch of idiots. A taxicab protest is just plain stupid in DFW.
    Last edited by mstng86; 01-28-2011, 10:29 AM.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Ha what a bunch of idiots. A taxicab protest is just plain stupid in DFW.
    Is this still over the natural gas thing? The same reason they were protesting on NYE?
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I have lived here like 20 years and used a taxi exactly once, fuck them.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Almost as dumb as putting apostrophes(these things ' ' ') where they aren't needed!

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
          Almost as dumb as putting apostrophes(these things ' ' ') where they aren't needed!
          Thanks for your valuable input and opinion about the subject of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Is this still over the natural gas thing? The same reason they were protesting on NYE?
            I think this has something to do with Lovefield allowing the more fuel efficient cars to "go to the front of the line".

Comment

Thanks for your valuable input and opinion about the subject of the thread.
              Anytime.

Would you rather me say "hurr durr, taxis, we don't never ain't gonna not use them here, there dum!"

Comment

I think this has something to do with Lovefield allowing the more fuel efficient cars to "go to the front of the line".
                Yeah, and I think DFW does the same. They allow hybrids and cabs that us CNG to skip to the front of the lines at the airports.

While cabs here make less sense than say, NYC, there is still a need for them, and there is still obviously enough business to keep them afloat. Over the last couple years, I use them more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                  Anytime.

Would you rather me say "hurr durr, taxis, we don't never ain't gonna not use them here, there dum!"
                  If you see fit. Whatever floats your boat.

Comment

The only use for a taxi in dfw is to get home from the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                      The only use for a taxi in dfw is to get home from the bar.
                      Or to get dropped off/picked up at the airport, or for those who come in to town on business, and rely on taxis rather than rentals to get them around.

Jesus, some of you people are so close minded, it's entertaining.

Comment

Hi, you must be new here.

Comment

Or to get dropped off/picked up at the airport, or for those who come in to town on business, and rely on taxis rather than rentals to get them around.

Yes, they do have their place in the area, but I don't think it will make a difference with them protesting.

They are just going to adapt with the times and make a logical business decision to get the newer vehicles.

Write it off as a business expense.

Comment

Let the over priced sand "stupid motherfuckers" protest.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Yes, they do have their place in the area, but I don't think it will make a difference with them protesting.
                              Notice they are using high volume times to do it. New Year's Eve, Super Bowl, etc.

I agree though. It's not like those other cabbies didn't have to pay extra for their hybrid/CNG vehicles. Suck it up and pay, or shut the fuck up about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X