Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit repair service?

Anyone used a credit repair company?
    Credenology was recommended to me but I'm skeptical on what these companies can do Vs what they charge.
    I'm making some adjustments on my own but I was told Credit Bureaus and lenders need 3-6 months for credit to restore.
    TIA

From what I learned a few years back, they really don't do anything you can't do yourself and they charge you a fee. Most of these places are scams and I would really be skeptical of giving ANY of these companies my SS# or large amounts of money.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yup, nothing you can't do yourself by reading online.
      Ded

Comment

PM sent
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          From what I learned a few years back, they really don't do anything you can't do yourself and they charge you a fee. Most of these places are scams and I would really be skeptical of giving ANY of these companies my SS# or large amounts of money.
          What I thought, Thanks
          Oh BTW tires still running on wife's stang !! Thanks again for them..

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
          Yup, nothing you can't do yourself by reading online.
          Yeah guess i needed some re-affirmation from what I read to, Thanks

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          PM sent
          Thanks!! Replied..

Comment

If you take the time to read this info and follow through, these links should really help you out of your situation(even a few templates as well)...

Here’s what to know about how to dispute errors on your credit report and avoid credit repair scams.

Debt Validation is a very useful tool when you are forced to deal with collection agencies. Unfortunately, the process can be complex. Time and time again, I see people getting confused by the nuances…

If you’ve chosen to go the do-it-yourself route on credit repair, you’re not alone. The credit bureaus continue to report that most credit report disputes come directly from consumers.

Comment

Do it yourself. You'll learn quite a bit and it can be fun and rewarding seeing just a few letters make changes in your credit scores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to parrot what has been said.. You can do the same stuff they can, on your own. It's a racket and some of those places charge insane amounts for their "service". I actually almost started my own business doing this a little over 10 years ago.. I helped a couple friends and a family member but felt too guilty taking money for it.

Comment

We're actually using someone right now to clean ours up. Both of our scores have jumped quite a bit as a result of it.

For the most part, yes, you can do it yourself but you're limited to writing letters and hoping the creditor can no longer prove the debt is yours. However, this lady we're using now, IIRC, has worked for one of the bureau's or worked directly with them...either way, she knows how to get valid reports removed. I had a few things removed that were valid, the creditor was able to prove it was valid and a few months later it was removed anyway. I don't know how she did it but I was watching the changes as they happened by signing up at freescore.com... from what I could tell, monthly payment statuses were removed first so it showed as no history but still showed the creditor. Then a few months later the creditors were deleted. I want to say her fee was $900 and she'll work on it for a year.

Creditboards is a great resource....I just found that it takes a lot of time to really get a grasp of the whole credit game and then more time to stay on top of trying to clean it up.

Comment

Have you tried just paying cash?
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      Apparently not paying at all is his M.O., thus the credit problems.

Comment

Yes I do

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        Apparently not paying at all is his M.O., thus the credit problems.
                        Perception is not Always reality

Comment

Live like no one else, so that you can live like no one else.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

That actually fucks up your credit score.

I watched my parents always struggle with credit card debt so decided to not go down that road. We carry one card with a $1k limit for emergencies. Keeping a zero balance along with only having $1k of available credit hurts my credit score. I recently opened a Lowes card a few months ago when they were having an 18 month no interest promo and charged a tile install on it for the sole purpose of trying to boost my credit score. Pretty fucking stupid that I have to do that IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              For the most part, yes, you can do it yourself but you're limited to.....
                              I promise you, you can write every person and bureau that the person you hired can. You can invoke every legal act that she can forcing the other person to do their job and you can threaten/file legal action if they refuse. There is not a single thing that person can do that you cant.

Now if you want to say that you don't have the time to mess with it or care to learn, then you have a more solid excuse. It's a bit of studying but like I said, it can be fun and rewarding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X