Travelers, what headphones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelers, what headphones?

For you frequent flyers out there what headphones do you use? I like the feel of the Bose QC15's but can't quite wrap my mind around the price. I have decent ear buds but they start to ache after awhile. I am going to be going back and forth to the Middle East a few times so comfort is key.

Is there any comfortable noise canceling ones that won't break the bank? Or should I just suck it up and get the Bose?

Bose is good but I just can't justify the price, my studio beats rock, but the bleed my music, I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but I listen to some heavy shit so sometimes I get some weird looks, but fuck it...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have a pair of this brand (different model I think) that do quite nicely. I found a special online about 1.5 years ago for $40 shipped. I fly about 60K miles a year, mostly domestic, but I couldn't justify the Bose ones either. I've been happy with these, but I'm honestly just using earbuds because of the small amount of space they use and my short flights. If I am flying over 2 hours, I take the noise canceling ones.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Clarity-Active-Canceling-Headphones/dp/B000OQUMKI[/ame]

Comment

I have these Bose and they are comfy, have a double sided jack and sound great.

I also have these noise cancelling Phillips, they are pretty much the same, except they cancel noise and are a little less comfy.
        Sorry item you are looking for is not longer in our catelogue its been discountinued by the manufacturer.

Ded

Comment

The bose qc15 don't completely drown out a C-17 but they do a pretty good job of it. I havent heard anyone complain about them.
          De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

if you don't want to spend a lot and want decent quality I like the Sol Republic V12's

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
              I have these Bose and they are comfy, have a double sided jack and sound great.

[MG]http://www.frontrowelectronics.com/blackthorne/headphones/ae2i/AE2i_new_750.jpg[/IMG]
              +1 on the AE2's. I have them on my head right now.

Comment

Bose QC-15. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

I bought a pair before I started traveling overseas last December, and I use them every flight. My average flight times are anywhere between 8-13 hrs.

When I get on the plane, the headphones go on, and usually only come off when I have to take a piss.

Comfortable and drown out screaming kids, plane noise and the annoying sumbitch that likes to try and talk non-stop for a 13hr overseas flight.

Just the headphones themselves help cut down on the surrounding noise, but once you plug into an ipod or the video / audio on the plane it is even better.

Good sound quality out of them.

Comment

I have the Beats Studio Wireless. I don't care what anyone says, they are worth every penny. The sound is phenomenal, the battery lasts forever and wireless is the only way to go.

Comment

Shure se315's here. 200 on amazon 245 with the microphone cable. great sound isolating in ear monitor for the price. Shure 846's for that dfws baller in you.

Comment

I love my Bose QC15's, esp for travel. They'll take the bite out of most commercial aircraft sound. They don't hit as hard bass-wise as some others, but I like 'em.

Comment

Working...
                      X