Need y'alls help for a student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need y'alls help for a student

I have a student that is 13, has diffuse intrinsic pontinegliomas (a tumor on the brain stem) and is dying. His family is very proud and his single mother works her ass off to provide enough food, but he and his 3 siblings all share 1 bedroom with his mom at his grandparents house. There is no heat, but again, they are very proud so we have to be careful about how we present things and what we do for them. He's gone through radiation, but the prognosis is grim. Life expectancy has been set at 9 months from diagnosis and he was diagnosed in October 2013 and has a 0% survival rate.

What I'm looking for are things that we could do to provide something for him to look forward to until he passes. He is in Arlington and he's really big into sports so I'm wondering if anyone has a hook up at Jerry world or Ranger ballpark where he could get some tickets to a few games or be a 'special guest' and sit with the players, take tours of the place or even meet some of the players.

Also looking for other ideas of things we could do for them. If you can help or have suggestions, please post up or send me a pm. You guys are always great about stuff like this so it's as much of a brainstorming post as it is a post for help.

If you have anything that could help, PLEASE let me know. By all accounts, he has a little over a month, possibly two until he passes. I'd like to do everything we can to make his last few months as good as it can be. I'm just heartbroken for this family.

Thanks, Leah
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Any idea on what sort of things he is interested in / likes? Also, how mobile is he? Any limitations on getting around?

Knowing that information I can check with work and with some of our business partners.

Comment

has anyone contacted the Ranger's directly... it seems like their front office could put something together?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Any idea on what sort of things he is interested in / likes? Also, how mobile is he? Any limitations on getting around?

Knowing that information I can check with work and with some of our business partners.
        Loves sports, played football until his diagnosis. He's very unstable when walking so a walker or wheelchair has been recommended when he's out and about, but he is able to walk.
        Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
          has anyone contacted the Ranger's directly... it seems like their front office could put something together?
          Not yet-it's on my 'to do' list, but wanted to see if anyone had a personal relationship with someone so I would have a name of someone to talk to first.
          Token Split Tail

Comment

We could pay their heat bill for a couple of months. Do you have an address for them?
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              We could pay their heat bill for a couple of months. Do you have an address for them?
              I don't know if they would accept it, honestly. I do have their address, but let me check about sharing that info.

*edit* that would be awesome! Let me do some digging and see if I can get some info in a round about way...
              Token Split Tail

Comment

A guy I went to school with is the guest services manager for the Cowboys. I'll try to dig up some contact info and PM you.

Comment

in for throwing down on some heat or a sports ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                    I don't know if they would accept it, honestly. I do have their address, but let me check about sharing that info.

*edit* that would be awesome! Let me do some digging and see if I can get some info in a round about way...
                    I'd paypal you some cash for it, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      I'd paypal you some cash for it, for sure.
                      Ok, let me make sure I can find out who their provider is and see if I can do it anonymously before we do anything. I don't think they would willingly give me that information. Thanks, dude.
                      Token Split Tail

Comment

Ok, let me make sure I can find out who their provider is and see if I can do it anonymously before we do anything. I don't think they would willingly give me that information. Thanks, dude.
                        Fo sho.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          A guy I went to school with is the guest services manager for the Cowboys. I'll try to dig up some contact info and PM you.
                          I am working on a Cowboys angle already. One of our business partners offices in the stadium, and has strong ties to the team. They are talking to the organization for me right now.

Thanks!

Comment

If it's gas it will be the local utility. That is not deregulated. It seems like you could probably just send "payment" in with only the address listed, and they would apply it to the customer account. Not sure though.

Comment

Leah, contact Make a Wish.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X