Pee Wee sells his bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee Wee sells his bike

Why would anyone take it apart like that? That and who in thier right mind would bid over 25k for that!

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
      Why would anyone take it apart like that?

Shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
        Shipping?
        I suppose, but there just seems something wrong about having it completely torn apart like that. If you can afford 25k plus then you would think crating it up and shipping it wouldn't be an issue as far as $$$$ is concerned.

Comment

I suppose, but there just seems something wrong about having it completely torn apart like that. If you can afford 25k plus then you would think crating it up and shipping it wouldn't be an issue as far as $$$$ is concerned.

Yeah, sticking a fully assembled bike in a crate and then loading it(hopefully you have a pick up), taking it to the Post Office and unloading it, then getting it up to the counter doesn't sound like a massive pain in the ass or anything.

Comment

Just looked and the bike apparently sold for $36,600.00

No way in hell I would spend that much on that, even if I was stupid rich

Comment

someone just got owned... way to much money

Comment

Why would anyone take it apart like that? That and who in thier right mind would bid over 25k for that!
                From the ad:

***I am getting a large volume of messages that I cannot keep up with. A common question is "Why is the bike in pieces?". Because I was getting ready to sell it, but a buyer backed out. I don't have the time or urge to re assemble it only to take it apart again for the next buyer.

Comment

Not that I care that it was taken apart but I wouldn't have any problem putting it back together on last time for 25k

Comment

If I was rich, I'd buy that. I would of thought it would have brought more.

Comment

I'm not really surprised it sold for that much. Not only was it in an iconic movie, it was a major point of the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Yeah, sticking a fully assembled bike in a crate and then loading it(hopefully you have a pick up), taking it to the Post Office and unloading it, then getting it up to the counter doesn't sound like a massive pain in the ass or anything.
                        For $36k(which it appears to have sold for), I think a little assembly should be included.

Comment

Must be picked up from the basement at the Alamo.

Comment

Nooooooo disassemble!

Comment

Aaaaand eBay just made $3600 off that sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X