No announcement yet.

DFWM Reporters: Road conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6" expected here today (thats what she said.)

looking forward to not being here until 5p.

Comment

35N between Lorena and Waco has ice everywhere but the tire grooves. Pretty sketchy for lane changes.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I came in about 1.5 hours ago from Carrollton area to Roanoke area and roads were pretty good with a few icy patches. Maybe took me 10 minutes longer than normal to get here. So, not bad at all.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Sherman's iced.

I hear from North of McKinney on 75 it's dicy. Traveling 35-40mph on the highway. All roads off the highway are "fun".
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

East on hwy 80 past Forney is complete ice, at least it was last night at 11:30pm, so I don't expect much has changed.
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

I-30 from Greenville to Royse City was a sheet of ice at 8 AM. 548 to Forney pretty much the same.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

From my bedroom to my home office was ice-free!

Comment

I can confirm that earlier Van Alstyne area the roads were iffy. Sun has been out so they are probably getting better.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I-20 near Tyler was a nightmare last night, I can't imagine it would be much better today. I was genuinely concerned that they were going to shut the freeway down, so I jumped ship. Back roads from Tyler to Kaufman down 64 and 243 were bad, had to keep around 45mph to stay on the damned road.

Comment

Drivers stranded on I45 for hours:

Here's hoping you were able to avoid driving this morning. If you did have to get behind the wheel, here's hoping your route didn't include Interstate 45 through Corsicana, which tweets and media reports confirm is an ice-covered parking lot. This presents some rather obvious challenge. For first responders, it's...

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Yeah, that's what I was afraid of on I-20 last night. When I stopped to fill up, two truckers were stopped on a hill, traffic moved a little by the time I was done pumping and neither truck could get going again.

Took me 3 hours to get home and google maps was still showing that area to be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Jeremy left in what I thought was enough time to beat most of this stuff (2:00) to drive back to Pearland. It still took him 6 hours, but luckily he was south of there by the time it got that bad.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Use the google traffic app it shows much of the bad spots. I drive a hazmat cmv and I stayed in last night way too many good days to drive even though it wasn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner View Post
                              From my bedroom to my home office was ice-free!
                              true dat

Comment

Working...
                              X