No announcement yet.

Help needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, my condolences Dave. This is truly a very sad story.

And also know how hard it is to give the okay to pull the plug. I even wrote about it back in Canada, about having to get the permission to pull the plug on my father because it was just too heart wrenching for my stepmother to make that call. We sat there and watch him die right in front of us knowing that I had to give that order because she couldn't. Even though it was the right thing to do, it was the toughest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

My prayers to your friends family especially his children.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      Again, my condolences Dave. This is truly a very sad story.

And also know how hard it is to give the okay to pull the plug. I even wrote about it back in Canada, about having to get the permission to pull the plug on my father because it was just too heart wrenching for my stepmother to make that call. We sat there and watch him die right in front of us knowing that I had to give that order because she couldn't. Even though it was the right thing to do, it was the toughest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

My prayers to your friends family especially his children.

David
      Agreed...but, you weren't the one making that decision. Your dad was. You were just his voice when he could not speak.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        Agreed...but, you weren't the one making that decision. Your dad was. You were just his voice when he could not speak.
        Thanks Dave.

That thought was one the biggest factor in not harboring any guilt for having made (verbalized) that decision.

Just so sad for his wife and kids. Pretty brutal man.

David

Comment

Sucks to hear bad things happening to good people. Last week i learned that a guy i talked to every day had terminal cancer. He didn't tell anyone. We all found out after he died. Same story as this one, he had a wife and several young children. Life is cruel.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
          X