Recomendatioins on cordless impact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendatioins on cordless impact?

Need to look at getting one... Are they even worth a crap? Primary use will be for pulling/mounting wheels.

I have a snap on one that I use the hell out of it.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

I use this Ryobi and I love it. Has a shit ton of power for a cordless.

Comment

My Dewalt 1/2" 18v breaks wheel lugs with ease.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Do you have other lithium cordless tools? If so, you can buy the gun only and save some $$ (no charger or batteries). I recommend one with a 1/2" direct drive.

Comment

I got a Craftsman one from sears, I use it quite a bit. It's been very handy.

Comment

Makita all the way have three impact sets and all used on a daily basis. Great torque and very durable.

Comment

Had makita burn out on me a few days ago, guess the motor gave out after 3 months of very heavy use. Had to go back to my bosch.

Comment

Dewalt 20v Max is what I have and I love it.
                  You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Makita, toughest tools I've used and I use and abuse tools welding. I've destroyed HF(no surprise there), hitachi, milwaukee, dewalt, craftsman, and finally a makita, but that makita lasted for years longer than all the others and took more abuse.

Comment

Milwaukee is by far the best one I have used, have burned a few Dewalts and Mikitas up in the past. Milwaukee still going strong.

Comment

Don't get a craftsman for lug nuts, doesn't have enough power. The ryobi 1/2" is good, or dewalt. Snap Ons are fantastic if you want to spend the money.
                        Scott Ganow
                        Lone Star Performance
                        16300 Midway Rd
                        Addison, TX 75001
                        214-630-5006

Comment

My makita impact has been dropped, smashed, and generally treated like shit for several years and it still works great.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            My makita impact has been dropped, smashed, and generally treated like shit for several years and it still works great.
                            Yup, I've treated my Makita like shit for over 20 yrs, still works like a champ. I've done several sets bushings and a couple of cords. I've rant it over, let it fall on the floor, dropped it, even drug that fucker for a 50 yrds before I figured out what that noise was. Still fires up, noisy as fuck, but still works. I think the main bearing is about to go, but fuck it, I'll use that bitch til it dies.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have a snap on that's pretty damn tough.

Car Craft did a pretty solid comparison between a lot of name brand impacts.
                              I'm sad to say, but the harbor freight one did very very well.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X