Recomendatioins on cordless impact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I use the highest end makita. I have heard the new makita brushless is even better. It's strong, but it isn't going to replace a pneumatic impact. You can do about 70% of all the bolts on your vehicle. It's not a do-it-all, it's a supplement.
    Can you link me to the makita you are referencing? Good point on it being a supplemental tool, that's the approach I need to take instead of a all in one. I just don't have a ton of room for a big compressor and won't use it much outside of an impact or filling tires. By the time I spend the $ on the compressor, impact, hose, adapters... I'm in it for big $.

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
    Does not exist, better hit up CL. I bought a 1\2 snapon for my dad at Xmas for $600 but the dealer threw in a really cool set of steak knives.
    Typo- Meant to put $300. with the battery/charger.

I'm looking at the 3/8 in Bosch due to it's compact size and the reviews have been good. It's a little under $300.

I really like the Rigid x4 1/2 impact but they sell it as a tool only. Adding a battery and charger is fucking CRAZY

Comment

Look at the Hitachi 18V Brushless impact. It's got great reviews! I have the 18V drill driver for a couple years and love it!
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
        Can you link me to the makita you are referencing? Good point on it being a supplemental tool, that's the approach I need to take instead of a all in one. I just don't have a ton of room for a big compressor and won't use it much outside of an impact or filling tires. By the time I spend the $ on the compressor, impact, hose, adapters... I'm in it for big $.

Typo- Meant to put $300. with the battery/charger.

I'm looking at the 3/8 in Bosch due to it's compact size and the reviews have been good. It's a little under $300.

I really like the Rigid x4 1/2 impact but they sell it as a tool only. Adding a battery and charger is fucking CRAZY
        [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Makita-LXDT01Z-Cordless-Brushless-Impact/dp/B0058Q1YCO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398977472&sr=8-1&keywords=makita+brushless+impact[/ame]

It's a 1/4" driver, not sure what you're looking for.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
          Does not exist, better hit up CL. I bought a 1\2 snapon for my dad at Xmas for $600 but the dealer threw in a really cool set of steak knives.
          Old thread but I just got this http://www.sears.com/craftsman-c3-18...1&blockType=G1

and it works good for lug nuts. $89 if you already have batteries and a charger.

Comment

Damn that looks sweet. I toasted my electric 1/2 impact and have looking for a replacement.
            Can you post a review after you use it?
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I bought the rigid x5 for 360 from home depot. When it first came out it was 400 instead of 500 and I got 10% off. I love that everything has a life time warranty. That little impact is great at driving just about anything. Since I have the batteries I'm just going to buy the impact wrench for 100 a

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Damn that looks sweet. I toasted my electric 1/2 impact and have looking for a replacement.
                Can you post a review after you use it?
                I've got a near brand new Milwaukee Fuel 18 or some crap I'll sell you on the cheap. I think I used the drill once to hang a picture. comes with impact and drill, 2 batteries, charger and hard case.

Comment

If it is the 1/4" impact, it won't turn shit.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                    If it is the 1/4" impact, it won't turn shit.
                    I'll check when I get home.

90% sure this is it

Comment

I have 3 Milwaukee drills (2 18V, 1 12V). They are great and I use them every day. One set is 6 years old and still works great. However, I use an impact mostly for seat bolts and that 1/4" won't remove most.

Comment

Working...
                      X