No announcement yet.

Ram EcoDiesel's on the way to Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can vouch for my Chevy having an outdated and small interior, they were behind the times before the redesign. That being said me personally didn't buy my truck for the interior, but how it performs on the road and it does that just fine in stock form. I don't care to modify the engine, but do admit the DPF, Urea and all the worthless emissions crap is annoying. If it didn't void the warranty I would probably remove it.

Comment

I definitely buy my trucks for the interior. I mean, that's where I spend most of my time
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

omg...cracking dash!!! no car brand has ever seen that until Dodge invented a new plastic specifically to fuck the truck owners

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          I definitely buy my trucks for the interior. I mean, that's where I spend most of my time
          That's what the Caddy is for, long hauls.

Comment

To get a really nice interior on a Dodge you have to pay 50k. I have sat in, worked on and driven the newer trucks. Yes they are better than the older trucks but I still don't like them. They drive better than ever but a 2013 Ford drives nicer and a 2012 GM feels better built.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              They can fucking keep it. POS Dodge with a POS Italian diesel? Sounds like a recipe for ass-Ram-ming disaster.
              Yeah, I'll be waiting for some real-world durability testing with that Italian Motari diesel engine. I LOVE the concept, but having what was basically a car-based diesel engine (GM co-developed it for the European Cadillac CTS before BK stopped that) quickly converted over to truck and SUV (Grand Cherokee) use strapped into a Ram truck which isn't exactly known for top reliability just has me thinking we won't be buying any of them anytime soon for our construction company.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

I'd bet it's meant to be used like an N/A V6 pickup, and they're doing it to get their fuel consumption numbers down.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  To get a really nice interior on a Dodge you have to pay 50k. I have sat in, worked on and driven the newer trucks. Yes they are better than the older trucks but I still don't like them. They drive better than ever but a 2013 Ford drives nicer and a 2012 GM feels better built.
                  No you don't. You can get leather without buying a Laramie. I looked at one the other day. And there is nothing wrong with the door panels/dash even on the standard interiors.

As for GM & Ford, I disagree. The GMs feel a little gutless, and the Fords ride is too stiff for a 1/2 ton. I've been looking at the Big 3, and the Tundras. Toyota and Ram are the top 2 IMO. The problem is Toyota won't budge on price, and Dodge will knock a huge chunk off of MSRP. The new gen rams also appear to have a much higher resale than previous gens have.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    No you don't. You can get leather without buying a Laramie. I looked at one the other day. And there is nothing wrong with the door panels/dash even on the standard interiors.

As for GM & Ford, I disagree. The GMs feel a little gutless, and the Fords ride is too stiff for a 1/2 ton. I've been looking at the Big 3, and the Tundras. Toyota and Ram are the top 2 IMO. The problem is Toyota won't budge on price, and Dodge will knock a huge chunk off of MSRP. The new gen rams also appear to have a much higher resale than previous gens have.
                    i will echo this thought. Over the last few years ive been eye balling the Tundra's, and this new redesign they did is very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                      i will echo this thought. Over the last few years ive been eye balling the Tundra's, and this new redesign they did is very nice!
                      Yep looks like a tonka truck, I likey

Comment

I bet every single one of you trashing the Rams have never sat in or driven an 09 or up. I think they are nicer and look better than the new Fords and Chevys. My Dad's 2012 has 75,000 and hasn't had a single issue, and it still drives like it did the day he drove it off the lot. They are leaps and bounds above previous generations.
                        Yeah no, they are still garbage. I was not impressed with the cheap interior panels or ride quality with my friends 2012 quad cab hemi. And he already has the hemi tick at 50K miles.

Comment

The Tundra is the best IMHO. I have done a couple lifts and normal maintenance on them and they always impress me. Nice fit and finnish and the 5.7 is a really nice engine. Lots of power.

As for the GM trucks being gutless.... well not sure which ones you are driving but the 5.3 is decent and the 6.0 is downright fun. The 4.8 is a bit of a turd but still better than a Dodge 4.7 or even a Ford 4.6

As for price, I dunno as I have not shopped for them. Just based off my customers. One just got a 2013 crew cab dually 4x4 Cummings with the Texas Package and he paid $70,000. I called BS until I saw his invoice.
                          Another customer with a king cab 2012 paid 52k for his.
                          Out of all my Dodge customers those were the only two that I thought "Hey, this interior is pretty nice". I don't like the plastics and the switches feel cheap but ergonomics was nice.

That's the other thing, I always hated GM ergonomics. Its like they don't even try to put things in the right spot. I do like Ford ergonomics. Everything falls right into hand.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

If I was going to lay cash down for a new truck, I'd buy a Tundra. Would I prefer a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Probably, but the Tundra seems to bridge the gap pretty damn well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              If I was going to lay cash down for a new truck, I'd buy a Tundra. Would I prefer a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Probably, but the Tundra seems to bridge the gap pretty damn well.
                              I paid cash for my truck and went with a Ram. I have two friends with Tundras and I hate em. Interior sucks, they ride like shit, are ugly as fuck and I don't give a shit where they are assembled, they are Jap trucks.
                              The '14s were not out yet or would have looked at the Sierra. The F150 rode like crap in comparison. Fit and finish on my truck holds it's own on any of the trucks currently produced.

I have had a few Dodge trucks and have been happy with them over all. My mom bought hers new in 2006 and with 265k on the clock still is daily driven 100+ miles reliably.

Comment

I love the Tundras. A friend has a really nice 2wd crew cab. I drove it to Houston and back ~65-70 MPH and got 16 MPG. Fuck that!

Comment

Working...
                                X