Ram EcoDiesel's on the way to Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Damn, my ecoboost F150 out pulls and out runs the 5.0 F150's, I did get 24mpg doing 70 coming back from Austin a few months ago, figured it was a tail wind so it doesn't count.
    I noticed that with my new one last month on a trip down to south TX...it only had a little over 2500 miles on it when I left out...kept the cruise set at 70 pretty much all the way...it averaged just slightly over 23 on the trip down. However on the trip back I tried to drive exactly the same...cruise at 70 as much as possible, but I did hit quite a bit of traffic around San Marcos...it averaged just a bit over 20 coming back up. I'm thinking maybe that extra traffic and a bit of a head wind vs. likely a tail wind and almost no traffic on the way down.

FWIW Mine is a 14' EcoDouche FX4 S-Crew with factory 20's and 3.55's.

I'm just getting up around 5000 miles on it and I swear I'm seeing a gradual increase in mileage too....I thought that was a myth about putting miles on them, but I guess not entirely.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
      I noticed that with my new one last month on a trip down to south TX...it only had a little over 2500 miles on it when I left out...kept the cruise set at 70 pretty much all the way...it averaged just slightly over 23 on the trip down. However on the trip back I tried to drive exactly the same...cruise at 70 as much as possible, but I did hit quite a bit of traffic around San Marcos...it averaged just a bit over 20 coming back up. I'm thinking maybe that extra traffic and a bit of a head wind vs. likely a tail wind and almost no traffic on the way down.

FWIW Mine is a 14' EcoDouche FX4 S-Crew with factory 20's and 3.55's.

I'm just getting up around 5000 miles on it and I swear I'm seeing a gradual increase in mileage too....I thought that was a myth about putting miles on them, but I guess not entirely.
      I have 3.31 in mine , and if I keep it around 65-70mph I see 23-24 mpg.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

My 2012 5.0 fx4 only gets 15mpg with 3.73.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

For what it is worth I love my new Ram. But as with anything when it is new you are in love, we will see how it holds up at 5 and 10 years.
          1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
          TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
          Work In Progress

Comment

It's a dodge run for the hills!!! I'll keep my extremely reliable 5.3

Comment

Hah

sigpic
              Work In Progress

Comment

I bought a 2003 ram with a first year hemi new off the lot. Loved the hell out of that truck until I sold it with 200k on it. Only reason I sold it was because the family grew and I needed one more seat so I got a suburban. Only issue it ever had was the ABS module went out at 30k miles but was fixed under warranty.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by article
                  convincing more than 8,000 consumers to place pre-orders before anyone even had a chance to test-drive the truck.

FWIW, what I read a couple weeks ago was that there were ~400 customer pre-orders. The other 7600 were ordered on dealer speculation.

I'll try to dig up the link. It's not a bad thing that only 400 were actually SOLD preemptively, it's just really shitty journalism to say that 8,000 consumers placed orders.

edit: link - http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/02...hree-days.html
                  Last edited by Strychnine; 03-01-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Agree, I don't consider a truck sold or ordered until the individual buying it does so. The manufacturers prop up there numbers with these dealer lots full of "sold" cars and trucks.

sigpic
                    Work In Progress

Comment

I have been looking for pricing on these and wasn't able to find any. Just curious of the ballpark they are going to start at.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

my 83 ranger gets 20+ and can outrun all those bitches when it's running right.

suck it!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          I have been looking for pricing on these and wasn't able to find any. Just curious of the ballpark they are going to start at.
                          Depending on options, staring in the 30's out the door.

sigpic
                          Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            my 83 ranger gets 20+ and can outrun all those bitches when it's running right.

suck it!
                            A light truck based on the Pinto chassis doesn't count

Comment

Working...
                            X