Ram EcoDiesel's on the way to Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram EcoDiesel's on the way to Dealers

Looks like everyone else will be playing catch up!

Yesterday the first batch of 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel trucks began shipping out to Ram dealers from Chrysler's Warren, MI Truck Assembly Plant. The wait to see how America's new diesel-powered half ton performs in the field is almost over!

The EPA signed off on some pretty impressive fuel economy figures for the new EcoDiesel, convincing more than 8,000 consumers to place pre-orders before anyone even had a chance to test-drive the truck. I'm confident Ram's oil-burner will be a venerable machine, but I remain ever-skeptical of EPA assessments. The most valuable fuel economy facts for the 2014 Ram EcoDiesel 1500 will start coming out as soon as the first customers get some real-world work done and report back.

Chrysler says the trucks will be hitting dealerships over the next week, so your chance to drive one may be soon approaching. As long as you pre-ordered. Us peasants who were unwilling or unable to buy a new truck sight unseen will have to wait for the next batch of EcoDiesel half-tons, but I wouldn't expect much room for negotiation at the dealership for some time.

If anybody on that pre-order list reads Truck Yeah!, I sincerely hope you'll share your impressions with us as soon as you take delivery!

They can fucking keep it. POS Dodge with a POS Italian diesel? Sounds like a recipe for ass-Ram-ming disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      They can fucking keep it. POS Dodge with a POS Italian diesel? Sounds like a recipe for ass-Ram-ming disaster.
      My sphincter found humor in your post

Comment

About time someone started putting a diesel in their 1/2 ton again...They're going to sell a ton of those... I may have to consider one when my Duramax bites it

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          About time someone started putting a diesel in their 1/2 ton again...They're going to sell a ton of those... I may have to consider one when my Duramax bites it
          I wish I had something to sell you.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            I wish I had something to sell you.
            ?
            My Duramax just turned 120k, It's got a long life left. I don't tow as much anymore and the 1/2 ton should be fine when it comes time.
            I love my Dmax though. Was talking to the transmission guy last week when I had the fluid changed. He said he has NEVER rebuilt an Allison. Says they are basically bulletproof.

Comment

It's still in a junky ass dodge...
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

As a mechanic I can tell you that dodge is hands down the worst trucks. So many steering issues, bearing issues, trans issues, electronic issues.... they just suck. Parts are 50% more expensive than a Ford or GM and labor time is a bit more too.
                The plastics are garbage and the seats can not withstand any abuse.

They are neat looking trucks, have a lot of nice gadgets but the materials chosen as well as the fit and finish leave something to be desired.
                The engines are also good but everything attached to them is not.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Yes it will not be too long down the road until the dash of these new ones start cracking, and Dodge will not do a recall either, I will not be buying a new dodge any time in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    As a mechanic I can tell you that dodge is hands down the worst trucks. So many steering issues, bearing issues, trans issues, electronic issues.... they just suck. Parts are 50% more expensive than a Ford or GM and labor time is a bit more too.

They are neat looking trucks, have a lot of nice gadgets but the materials chosen as well as the fit and finish leave something to be desired.
                    CUMMINS!!! Without them, the trucks would be worthless. Just look at the price of a gas one versus a diesel model...lol!
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

I had a 2000 Durango with nearly 150k miles on it when I sold it. Interior was plain Jane but nothing rattled, everything looked new, the dash wasn't cracked and it never needed any major work. All cars these days should be able to hit 200k no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                        ?
                        My Duramax just turned 120k, It's got a long life left. I don't tow as much anymore and the 1/2 ton should be fine when it comes time.
                        I love my Dmax though. Was talking to the transmission guy last week when I had the fluid changed. He said he has NEVER rebuilt an Allison. Says they are basically bulletproof.
                        in stock form, they're very reliable...

add any decent power and they're powder
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I bet every single one of you trashing the Rams have never sat in or driven an 09 or up. I think they are nicer and look better than the new Fords and Chevys. My Dad's 2012 has 75,000 and hasn't had a single issue, and it still drives like it did the day he drove it off the lot. They are leaps and bounds above previous generations.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've sat in plenty of them, I assure you. the 4th gens are far and away better than previous generations, but I still don't care for them
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              I bet every single one of you trashing the Rams have never sat in or driven an 09 or up. I think they are nicer and look better than the new Fords and Chevys. My Dad's 2012 has 75,000 and hasn't had a single issue, and it still drives like it did the day he drove it off the lot. They are leaps and bounds above previous generations.
                              Exactly. All those comments are pertinent to the trucks they made three generations ago. Like saying you wouldn't have a new Corvette because the C4s were turds.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X