I can haz $3.8 million?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can haz $3.8 million?

Okay, can one of you fine gentlemen that works for the railroad gives me some of your flashing around town money? I'll let you sit in the cockpit if you do.
    Kthxbye.
    http://www.controller.com/listingsde...WK/1252371.htm
    1962 DOUGLAS A-4C SKYHAWK
    Email This
    Financial Calculator
    Print This
    Add To Watch List

Equipment Specifications
    Year 1962
    Manufacturer DOUGLAS
    Model A-4C SKYHAWK
    Price $3,800,000
    Location Easton, Maryland
    Condition Used
    Serial Number 149606
    Registration Number 402
    Total Time 0 Hours
    General Information
    FULL RESTORED - AWARD WINNING - TURNKEY AIRCRAFT LEGEND - THE ONLY KNOWN A-4C FLYING IN THE WORLD TODAY!

Detailed Description
    Omni International Jet Trading is pleased to present 1962 Douglas A-4C Skyhawk.

"Peoples Choice" Best Warbird Jet Award!

The only known A-4C flying in the world today!

A4-C SKYHAWK. In the aviation world the noblest pursuit is the ownership of a one-of-a-kind flying aircraft legend. Priced at $3,800,000 this aircraft is a distinguished Vietnam era combat veteran and the only known A-4C flying in the world today. If you're a collector, this aircraft will be the centerpiece of your collection. If you're a pilot, after your first flight, flying as you once knew it will never be the same.

THE LEGENDARY A-4C SKYHAWK:
    The restoration objective of this legendary 1960's vintage aircraft is to capture a significant moment in US naval aviation history. The buildup and restoration of this aircraft provides a sense of place and time. Distinguished by its rich naval operating history, period materials, technology, and soundness of structural integrity, the Douglas A-4C Skyhawk and the men who flew them, serviced them and the materials and craftsmanship of that period are fast disappearing.

Flying the aircraft in public exhibitions, maintaining the historic flight records, the materials and craftsmanship that contributed to our rich aviation heritage is central to capturing this important moment in time.

RESTORATION PROGRAM:
    * Assembly and buildup around the forward fuselage remains of Viet Nam era A-4C BuNo 149606.
    * Complete records for all parts and assemblies included with purchase orders and vender identification.
    * Vast NAVAIR overhaul and assembly technical library.
    * Totally demilitarized. All unnecessary military equipment removed pursuant to FAA regulations and to reduce the empty weight of the aircraft. 20mm guns are replicas.
    * NDT and visual inspections per Douglas Aircraft/Navy Maintenance procedures and current day best practices. Many airframe structural components replaced.
    * Wing, Fuselage and tail attachment bolts and bushings replaced with new hardware.
    * All hydraulic components overhauled/bench tested. Aluminum fittings and lines replaced with stainless steel.
    * All screws and fasteners cad plated or stainless steel.
    * Electrical System – Aircraft 100% rewired per NAVAIR electrical schematics. Fuse panels replaced with new circuit breakers. All weapons system electrical components removed.
    * Fuel System – all components overhauled/tested or replaced. Integral wing tanks pressurized and leak tested. New fuel lines were installed.
    * Complete Landing Gear overhaul including NDT of wheels and axels. New wheel bearings installed, new tires. New brake pucks.
    * Complete cockpit refurbishment and detailing.
    * Majority of instruments are vintage equipment with New Garmin GPS, Collins ILS, and Nav/Comm equipment installed.
    * All warning lights, switch nomenclature, and required placards remarked with original silkscreen backlit panels.
    * Paint: Complete strip, etch, prime and paint to original U.S. Navy color specifications.
    * Significant inventory of spares, including (3) J65 engines with log books, new tires and hardware.

Airframe:
    FUEL CAPACITY:
    Fuselage Tank - 237 Gallons
    Wing - 570 Gallons
    2 (150 gal) External Tanks - 300 Gallons
    Total Fuel - 1,107 Gallons / 7,583 lbs.
    JP4, JP5, Jet "A"

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
    Length: 42 ft., 2-3/15 inches
    Wing Span: 27 ft., 6 inches
    Height: 14 ft., 11-7/8 inches
    Wing Area: 259.86 sq ft
    Wing Loading: 62.4 lbs./sq ft
    Aspect Area: 2.91
    MAC: 129.625 inches
    GG Range: 25.58% to 28.48% MAC
    Wing Section Root: NACA 0008-1.1-25.-0875 (.5x230)
    Wing Section Tip: NACA 0005-.825-50-.0787 (.5x230)
    Flaps: Split Hydraulic Actuated
    Flaps Takeoff: 25 Degrees
    Flaps Landing: 50 Degrees
    Empty Weight: 9,614.47 lbs.
    Empty Weight CG: 246.687 in/ 34.38%MAC
    Gross Takeoff Weight:18,5000 lbs.
    Stabilizer Trim
    Nose Up: 11 Degrees
    Nose Down: 1 Degrees
    Average Cruising Speed: 432 KIAS
    Max Speed at Sea Level: 600 KIAS
    Takeoff Speed: 132 KIAS 16,000 lbs. (Note 2)
    Takeoff Speed: 138 KIAS 18,000 lbs. (Note 2)
    Takeoff Run: 2,600 ft. (16,000 lbs.) (Note 1)
    Takeoff Run: 3,200 ft. (18,000 lbs.) (Note 1)
    Landing Ground Roll Distance: 4,600 ft. (12,000 lbs.) (Note 2)
    Landing Ground Roll Distance: 5,400 ft. (14,000 lbs.) (Note 2)
    Stall Speed (Flaps Full): 99 KIAS (12,000 lbs.)
    Stall Speed (Flaps Up): 107 KIAS (12,000 lbs.)
    Stall Speed (Flaps Full): 99 KIAS (14,000 lbs.)
    Stall Speed (Flaps Up): 107 KIAS (14,000 lbs.)
    Landing Speed (Flaps Full): 116 KIAS (12,000 lbs.)
    Landing Speed (Flaps Up): 134 KIAS (12,000 lbs.)
    Landing Speed (Flaps Full): 126 KIAS (14,000 lbs.)
    Landing Speed (Flaps Up): 144 KIAS (14,000 lbs.)
    Roll Rate: 720 Degrees per Second
    Rate of Climb: 5,500 Feet per Minute
    Range at 20,000 ft.: 782 Nautical Miles (w/Ext Fuel) (Note 1)
    Range at 20,000 ft.: 510 Nautical Miles (w/o Ext Fuel) (Note 1)

Note 1: With 1,000 lbs. fuel reserve
    Note 2: Standard Day, No Wind, Sea Level
    Engine Specs:
    Curtis Wright J65-16A
    Turbojet with a multistage axial-glow compressor
    Driven by a two-stage turbine w/o afterburner
    Thrust Rating - 7,700 lbs.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

If I was a real baller (like $100MM net worth or above) I would totally pay $3.8MM for that shit.

Comment

My Dad flew an A-4 in the Marine Corps back in the day. Sweet jet!
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

I'll take this old cobra.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Out.
          Totally demilitarized. All unnecessary military equipment removed pursuant to FAA regulations and to reduce the empty weight of the aircraft. 20mm guns are replicas.

Comment

Does it come in Black?

Comment

Then you have the storage, monthly maintenance....yeah that 3.8 is just the initial cost, then you have 100-200k or more a month on storage and maintenance.
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                Then you have the storage, monthly maintenance....yeah that 3.8 is just the initial cost, then you have 100-200k or more a month on storage and maintenance.
                Plus rearming and refitting and putting the neat black plasti-dip on it
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                  It wouldn't cost that much, would it? That seems a bit steep, but I don't know shit about 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    It wouldn't cost that much, would it? That seems a bit steep, but I don't know shit about 'em.
                    Well to put it into perspective, the A-4c is no longer in flight. F14s (I know it's a different plane but this is simply for inference) required an estimated 50 hours of maintenance for every flight hour when they were a standard military plane. I'd hate to think about the actual amount of maintenance that plane would require, coupled with the scarcity of parts. That one was refurbed with the guts of a dead A-4.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Well damn. Learn something new every day.

Comment

Someone with an FAA Airframes license, access to a halfway decent sheetmetal shop, and engineering drawings...voila, all the spare parts you need. I've almost never worked on an aircraft that didn't, at some point, require fabrication of parts that were no longer available.
                        Or...Derco Aerospace, Inc., 8000 West Tower Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53223, and Kitco, Inc., P.O. Box 900, 1625 N. Mtn. Springs Pkwy, Springville, UT 84663, are licensed by Boeing to provide A-4 Skyhawk spare parts, technical drawings, and other manufacturing process data.

C'mon, with money to buy one, money to maintain/house/operate it would be Probably wouldn't be that big of a deal.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          Aircraft are stupid expensive to maintain. If the average person was given a jet, they couldn't afford to take it out on a safe and legal flight one time. One woman's Falcon 200 here at Gainesville spends more time being flown to our hangar to be worked on than having useful flight hours put on it. At $10k to start the project and ~$5k/day in labor alone, it's ridiculous. Oh, and all of the titanium screws that strip out easily are $60 a pop. A new landing gear set goes for $200k+ (for the 50s and bigger it gets much higher), etc. Her plane usually shows up 3-4 times a year for a week or two at a time.
                          If one of the engine mounts gets any corrosion on a Falcon 200, it's usually better to scrap it. We've done that to multiple jets. A company created a parts "monopoly" out of the very very limited number of Falcons, so the already stupid expensive parts are jacked up 10X. The engine mount was going to be ~$500k. For an engine mount. Lol. I'm just talking in terms of Falcons, because that's what I'm familiar with. This jet may be a little more reasonable, but the operating prices are still sky high.
                          Originally posted by Buzzo
                          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            Someone with an FAA Airframes license, access to a halfway decent sheetmetal shop, and engineering drawings...voila, all the spare parts you need. I've almost never worked on an aircraft that didn't, at some point, require fabrication of parts that were no longer available.
                            Or...Derco Aerospace, Inc., 8000 West Tower Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53223, and Kitco, Inc., P.O. Box 900, 1625 N. Mtn. Springs Pkwy, Springville, UT 84663, are licensed by Boeing to provide A-4 Skyhawk spare parts, technical drawings, and other manufacturing process data.

C'mon, with money to buy one, money to maintain/house/operate it would be Probably wouldn't be that big of a deal.
                            Meh, I'll call 4bangen for parts and fabrication... He's built a plane or two in his day.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              Someone with an FAA Airframes license, access to a halfway decent sheetmetal shop, and engineering drawings...voila, all the spare parts you need.
                              Yup. Damn Dassault Falcon can't even make their own parts right later. We've made quite a few completely new panels due to them shipping us panels without poor alignment...
                              Originally posted by Buzzo
                              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X