Texas man blows 0.00, arrested for DUI anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    After watching the video him and his attorney felt that a plea bargain was in order and he accepted a DUI charge.
    Since he was convicted of the charge, how is that a plea bargain?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      Since he was convicted of the charge, how is that a plea bargain?
      There's a lot of details I didn't care to ask about (mainly because I was laughing so hard as he tells me this story). Apparently the prosecutor dropped a couple other charges related to his attitude (and an open container of something as well) and with the DUI (not DWI) and plea, he didn't have to do the in-car breathalyzer, paid a much lesser fine and got his license back.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I heard about this on the radio this morning. That's nuts they would even arrest him to begin with.

MySpace Tracker

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          His Supervisors name was Zero?
          LMAO!

I got pulled over late at night with my cousin and friends in East Texas a few years ago after a few miles from a strip club we had just left. Sorta a weird night for me in that I only drank a couple of beers which is unusual but part of it was because I was driving in an unfamiliar area and I was driving the next morning to Freeport to go deep sea fishing and I didn't want to be hung over. Anyway I pulled up to a stop sign and made a stop and notice a cop car parked around the corner. As I started to pull away I saw the cop car move so I stopped again to let it go but it wait for me. So I pulled out (again) and immediately got pulled over for running the stop sign. I was like WTF I actually stopped twice.

Anyway it was a female cop working by herself late at night out in the middle of the country with a truck load of Messicans. She called for backup. Twenty minutes later a DPS trooper pulled over and asked me to step out. He proceeded to give me a sobriety test which I didn't to well on except for the eye test (following the light). I had trouble keeping my balance and I was shivering because it was cold and I was in shorts and t-shirt. I asked if I could put my jacket on and he gave me some time to take the test again which I did better on and was let go.

I guess the moral of the story is that not all cops are ass holes and I'm happy this DPS trooper gave me the sobriety test rather than the woman cop who was probably scared shitless by us.

Comment

Just read this one yesterday:

Teen jailed for 35 days after identity mix-up

"Fox & Friends" says a Florida teen spent 35 days in jail for a crime he didn't commit.

Last year, police arrested Cody Lee Williams for sexual battery. While in jail, he told his mom he thought the police had the wrong person and the suspect was really another Cody Williams who attended the same high school. The police never showed his photo to the victim so she could confirm he was the boy.

Back in 2012, a girl younger than 12 said she'd had sex with a boy named Cody Williams.

Turns out, Cody was right about the mix-up. The arresting officer has been given a 10-day suspension and a demotion.

Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler told The Florida Times-Union Deputy Sheriff Johnny Hawkins, who arrested Cody Lee Williams, did take some shortcuts during his investigation.

Hawkins has been suspended for 10 days and will face a demotion. Cody Raymond Williams has been arrested and will appear in court Monday.
            Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Comment

he told his mom he thought the police had the wrong person
              Why does that sound like he's not sure? I would be raising hell if something like that happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Just read this one yesterday:

Teen jailed for 35 days after identity mix-up

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/02/2...x-up/20839000/
                What can someone do if something like this happen? I have a good friend who was pulled over and taken to jail (in front of her daughter) because the police officer pulled up a warrant on her name even though it is an extremely common name. She kept telling them the whole time that it wasnt her and after a couple hours in jail they finally figured out that she was right and let her go. I suggested to attempt to sue the PD, would that get anywhere? I am by no means a FTP type but thats pretty ridiculous. I felt she should at least be compensated for her missed time at work, not to include emotional distress for both her and her 7 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                  What can someone do if something like this happen? I have a good friend who was pulled over and taken to jail (in front of her daughter) because the police officer pulled up a warrant on her name even though it is an extremely common name. She kept telling them the whole time that it wasnt her and after a couple hours in jail they finally figured out that she was right and let her go. I suggested to attempt to sue the PD, would that get anywhere? I am by no means a FTP type but thats pretty ridiculous. I felt she should at least be compensated for her missed time at work, not to include emotional distress for both her and her 7 year old.
                  Agreed, I'm far from being the FTP type myself but there has to be some sort of checks in place to verify they have the right person i.e. SSN, DOB, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    This never happens, we all know that people aren't charged with DUI for no good reason. 03bluballsgt said so.
                    Did he quit the internet?

Comment

"Both described being stopped frequently by police for having tinted windows or broken tail lights. "It seems like they just want a reason to pull you over, cops aren't really helping the people, they focus on helping themselves."

Holy fuck are they talking about Plano PD or Cockrell Hill PD?
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X