• Show
Clear All

• Wannabe Hipsters Seek Beard Grafts

Wannabe Hipsters Seek Beard Grafts

Stubble-impaired men pay thousands for transplants

By: Stephen Wayne Kasica
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014

If you can't grow a beard, buy one.

As DNAInfo.com reports, plastic surgeons are increasingly seeing men interested in facial hair transplants to patch hairless gaps in their beards or construct a full beard for that scruffy hipster look.

The New York Post says the trend is no longer associated with the Brooklyn hipster look. Jeffrey Epstein, a Midtown-based plastic surgeon, says he performed just a handful of these procedures a couple years ago. Now he sees up to three beard-seeking patients per week.

"[Clients] want full beards because it’s a masculine look. Beards are an important male identifier," Epstein told the Post.

Grafted facial hair typically comes from another part of the patient's scalp or chest. Patching up a spotty beard costs around $3,000, and a full beard construction can run $8,500.

"I have a baby face, but now I'm able to look older. My fashion statement is a little edgy, and I do like the 'rugged look,'" a patient named Danny told the Post.

Obviously, these men didn't follow our Guide to Your Best Beard.

This is 8 months after surgery:

what in the fuck is wrong with people?

Ah, hipsters.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

fucking gay to the 25th power.

Comment

and yet here I am, a beautiful full face of whiskers that I ceremonially shave and groom to piss off hipsters.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

beard grafts are a super good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by no one ever View Post
            beard grafts are a super good idea!
            said no one ever.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

^LOL!

I just wish I could grow a Tom Selleck mustache.

Comment

Holy hell, just a few years ago people were getting their beards lasered off. Now they're getting implants? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  ^LOL!

I just wish I could grow a Tom Selleck mustache.
                  thats my dream!
                  but i cant even grow a gomez adams
                  .....bro....

Comment

The grass is always greener... I effing hate shaving but hate looking homeless, so I give in and shave.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Please tell me that these hipster douche bags are transplanting hair from around their sphincters, given that so many of them talk out of their asses already?!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't stand more than 4 days growth, it itches when I sleep at night rubbing against my pillow. I don't see how people power through that.

Comment

Does the surgery also give them a penis to replace their vaginas?

Comment

I'll never understand fashion. My brother in law is a cosmetic surgeon and he said there has been a strong demand in Korea for women to grow and maintain thick bushes, to a point where some women get hair transplants. It's a total 180 from the American way of shaving it all off.
                            Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Korean women resemble adolescent girls and need hair to differentiate.

Comment

Working...
                              X