Thoughts on USAA insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on USAA insurance?

Family is looking at switching over to it. Just wanted to know what to see who have it think.
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

For me it was much more expensive then liberty mutual with the same coverage.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I have it, probably could get a little cheaper somewhere else but it is bundled with discounts because of the other services and accounts I have with them. They have the best customer service in my experience.

Comment

Best insurance company out there IMHO. Been with them for about 20 years now and have never had a bad experience with them on any claims or other times I've contacted them. Seems like every single person you get on the phone can speak English, has a college degree, and handles all issues quickly and efficiently.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

One of the best out there.

Comment

I love them. They rule.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've called them several times over the years for various quotes. Their prices always end up at the bottom of the list.

Comment

They are fantastic. If you have multiple quotes and they are in the ballpark, pick them.

Also at the end of the year, depending on the company performance, you will get a check. On auto premiums of about a grand per year, sometimes the check would be almost 100 bucks.

For some reason, they were WAY high on a premium quote when I purchased my first house, so I ended up going with Germania but kept USAA for my auto as they were still cheaper. I just recently switch completely over to Germania as they offered me a bundle I couldn't refuse. Germania has been fine but I miss USAA's website and more efficient process.

Comment

Had my auto and homeowners with them but found a much better rate elsewhere. Still have my auto loans through them. I agree that their customer service has always been outstanding.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Definitely have convenience using them. I can easily transfer funds into an investing account and use them that day or pay off a credit card or vehicle on the same website.
                    De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

If you are young, you may be able to find a cheaper premium elsewhere, once you get to your mid twenties your rates drop pretty dramatically though, especially if you have a good driving record. You will not be able to find better customer service and helpfulness however and that alone is worth the extra IMO.

They are absolutely great, easy to deal with if you have a claim and have great discounts. For instance I got renters insurance and the discount that gave me ended up equating to be less than if I had only auto. So I was getting extra coverage for less money. You also get rebates in the mail if you keep a good driving record and they company does will. I didnt get one last year but the three years before that I got a check at the end of the year back for around 150-ish

Comment

Won't use anyone else

Comment

If you qualify they are a great option. Others are cheaper obviously but the $$$ doesn't matter if they won't pay claims or run you through 3 months of hoops before doing it.

Comment

Is this the one you have to have a family member or former family member in the military?

Comment

Well we didn't qualify with my grandfather on my mom's side, he was a public health servant (Surgeon)

So we are now trying through my other grandfather
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
                              X