new AT&T Wireless Family Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    Gonna go tomorrow and switch my plan around, hopefully get a new phone and throw my iphone in the trash, where it belongs.
    Fyi the new samsung galaxy s5 will be out in April unless you want a new iPhone wait till June they are saying and you will have a bigger screen.

Comment

You guys are still getting hosed. On my tMobile plan I'm only paying 100 after taxes for two phones and one phone we are paying 20 a month for a total of 100 bucks. I also get a discount because of my employer.

This includes unlimited text, voice and data. Why you would ever settle for less is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        You guys are still getting hosed. On my tMobile plan I'm only paying 100 after taxes for two phones and one phone we are paying 20 a month for a total of 100 bucks. I also get a discount because of my employer.

This includes unlimited text, voice and data. Why you would ever settle for less is beyond me.
        My employer reimburses me $115/mo for cell phone so I pay $15/mo for both my wife and my phone.

Who is getting hosed now?

Comment

My Verizon plan is $100 for 10 gigs and $40 per smart phone, $30 for dumb ones. But at least I get 25 gigs of cloud storage, woohoo! Man their rates suck compared to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            My employer reimburses me $115/mo for cell phone so I pay $15/mo for both my wife and my phone.

Bazinga!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

Me

I'm going to get an Obama phone now!

Comment

I pay $70/month AFTER taxes and fees for 450 daytime mins w/ rollover (I've never come close to using them), free nights and weekends, 1000 text msgs (again, never come close), and unlimited data. My ol' lady has the same. I don't think the new plans would benefit us.

By the way, I hope the new iPhone is glorious, because I can't wait to get rid of this pos Samsung S4.

Comment

It's been some time since I was with T-Mobile but when I was there coverage was seriously lacking in a lot of the places I traveled. Plus I get a discount through work for AT&T but it's only 20% But I do have a Verizon iPhone that's paid in full by the company

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    It's been some time since I was with T-Mobile but when I was there coverage was seriously lacking in a lot of the places I traveled. Plus I get a discount through work for AT&T but it's only 20% But I do have a Verizon iPhone that's paid in full by the company
                    I have that too which makes me wonder how this new rate plan will affect that. Someone else in this thread has the exact same rate plan and is still paying the same as me, so I am wondering if those are numbers before our corporate discount.

Comment

My "employee" discount stayed current as well. I only get 10% off base rate, but now that the base rate is actually the more expensive part of the plan it saves me money.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                        Some of guys are getting confused. Here is an example like stated on the 1st post.

10gigs of data is $100
                        If you are under 2yr contract before Feb 1 2014 it will be $15 for each additional line for smartphones.

So if you had two lines before Feb 1, 2014:
                        $100 10gigs
                        $15 smartphone
                        $15 smartphone
                        Total: $130 plus all the taxes

But, if you start a new contract, lets say today, tomorrow, or there after with two new phones under a 2yr contract your price will be this.

So for two lines after Feb 1, 2014 aka Feb 2 or there after:
                        $100 10gigs
                        $40 smartphone
                        $40 smartphone
                        Total: $180 plus all the taxes

After your 2yr contract and you do not get another new phone the $40 per phone will go down to $15 for each phone then it will be the $130 as mentioned above.

Its just better to use there online app to see what is best for you.

http://www.att.com/att/planner/#fbid=QCxoF-rGHJ_

Ok great info here, so if you are wanting to get a new phone every 2 years there ultimately is no savings other then maybe more data as this comes out to 160 for me and Im currently paying 164 after taxes.

Comment

That could be correct for you. But if you are under 2yr contract now before feb 1 and switching to the new mobile plan those smart phones will be $15 a line. Plus what ever data package you have.

Well they have the next plan where each smartphone will be $15 a month. Then you choose which next option plan you want. Price varies.

For example the S4 next plan 12 month is $32 a month or $18 a month for 18 months. So 18 month be like $52 instead of $40 like the two yr agreement option.

But them again you get a new phone every year or so. More that way but you know peeps always want the newest and greatest phones.

Comment

All: Don't know if knew this with the new mobile share plans hot spotting is now free but up to 5 devices aka tablets or laptops at a time
                            Last edited by 01vnms4v; 02-25-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

So my current contract ends in November. At that point I have a few options. I intend on keeping the device I have until then, but fully expect a new phone in November.

November comes along:

1. get a new phone and a new 2 year contract: I'll pay whatever the contract price of the phone and pay $40 a month for the plan AND $100 for all the 10GB shared data
                              2. get a new phone with the Next Plan and pay $15 a month for the plan, a monthly fee ($32/month for 12 months as shown in the example above on a Galaxy S4) AND $100 for the 10GB of shared data.
                              3. keep my current phone and pay $15 a month for the device and $100 for the shared data

is that correct?

Comment

How about merging plans? Will it work the same way? My GF and I are both paying $100+/mo and are in 2 year contracts
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X