Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of getting old, does anyone have a Consumer Reports account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of getting old, does anyone have a Consumer Reports account?

I'm dishwasher shopping and I hear they actually test the products they rate on several levels and I would like to read something other than the typical neckbeard web reviews. Even better, if someone is a dealer or builder with decent cuts on Bosch or Kenmore, I'm interested.

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    I'm dishwasher shopping and I hear they actually test the products they rate on several levels and I would like to read something other than the typical neckbeard web reviews. Even better, if someone is a dealer or builder with decent cuts on Bosch or Kenmore, I'm interested.
    I bought a full set of Frigidaire products, one of them being their dishwasher and that thing was super quiet. It was a better unit than my GE Profile and cheaper too. This one is in SS but you can get it in black or white I believe.
    And most of their stuff is made in the USA

Last edited by Rick Modena; 02-24-2014, 12:02 PM.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Bosch
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Bosch usually wins... and I would get the Bosch if I had the money...

From consumer reports
        "Kenmore Elite 12793
        Type: Conventional dishwashers
        Price as tested:
        $1350
        Overall score

Similar models

Besides top-notch performance, this Kenmore offers an industry first: a motorized spray arm that, among claims, reverses direction should a utensil fall through the racks, blocking the arm's rotation. The model's other pluses include a stainless-steel interior. Flexibility options include an adjustable upper rack. (Unlike other models we've seen, the rack can be adjusted using only one hand.) Some controls are hidden, and you'll need to clean the filter manually. A normal cycle takes 145 minutes and used about 5 gallons of water in our tests. Caveats: The model was only mediocre at drying plastic items, and there's no time-remaining display. See our blog and video on this product.
        See Ratings

Kenmore-Elite 12803-Dishwasher-image RECOMMENDED
        Kenmore Elite 12803
        Price as tested:
        $1450
        Overall score

We expect this model to perform similarly to the tested Kenmore Elite 12793 although it may differ in price and features.
        See Ratings

Kenmore-Elite 12833-Dishwasher-image RECOMMENDED
        Kenmore Elite 12833
        Price as tested:
        $1420
        Overall score

We expect this model to perform similarly to the tested Kenmore Elite 12793 although it may differ in price and features.
        See Ratings

Kenmore-Elite 12783-Dishwasher-image RECOMMENDED
        Kenmore Elite 12783
        Price as tested:
        $1200
        Overall score

Similar models

Top-notch washing paired with stellar energy and water efficiency are chief strengths of this Kenmore conventional dishwasher. Like its sibling, the Kenmore 15693, it has extra rear-mounted sprays and a turbo cycle that, in the 15693, we found helpful. This model aced our wash test, which uses a full load of very dirty items, and was also among the quietest models during fill, wash, and drain. Pluses include a soil sensor and stainless-steel interior. For flexibility, it has delayed start, ample flatware slots, an adjustable upper rack, and adjustable tines. Some controls are hidden, and you'll need to clean the filter manually--which you might prefer over the noise of a self-cleaning filter. A normal cycle took 135 minutes and used about 5 gallons of water in our tests. On the minus side, this model was only mediocre at drying plastic items, and there's no time-remaining display.
        See Ratings

Kenmore-Elite 12763-Dishwasher-image RECOMMENDED
        Kenmore Elite 12763
        Price as tested:
        $1020
        Overall score

We expect this model to perform similarly to the tested Kenmore Elite 12783 although it may differ in price and features.
        See Ratings

Kenmore-Elite 12773-Dishwasher-image RECOMMENDED
        Kenmore Elite 12773
        Price as tested:
        $1100
        Overall score

We expect this model to perform similarly to the tested Kenmore Elite 12783 although it may differ in price and features.
        See Ratings

Kenmore-Elite 12813-Dishwasher-image RECOMMENDED
        Kenmore Elite 12813
        Price as tested:
        $1120
        Overall score

See Ratings

Bosch-Ascenta SHX3AR7[5]UC-Dishwasher-image BEST BUY
        Bosch Ascenta SHX3AR7[5]UC
        Price as tested:
        $730
        Overall score

Similar models

This Bosch conventional dishwasher delivers top performance for a very competitive price. It aced our wash test, which uses a full load of very dirty items, and was very good for drying plastic items. It was also among the quietest models during fill, wash, and drain and was especially energy-efficient. Pluses include a soil sensor. For flexibility, it has delayed start, ample flatware slots, an adjustable upper rack, and adjustable tines. All controls are hidden, the interior is a mix of stainless and plastic, and you'll need to clean the filter manually--which you might prefer over the noise of a self-cleaning filter. A normal cycle took 93 minutes and used almost 6 gallons of water in our tests. On the minus side, this model doesn't display remaining cycle time.
        See Ratings

Bosch-Ascenta SHE3AR7[ ]UC-Dishwasher-image BEST BUY
        Bosch Ascenta SHE3AR7[ ]UC
        Price as tested:
        $630
        Overall score

We expect this model to perform similarly to the tested Bosch Ascenta SHX3AR7[5]UC although it may differ in price and features.
        See Ratings

Bosch-Ascenta SHE3ARF[ ]UC (Lowe's)-Dishwasher-image BEST BUY
        Bosch Ascenta SHE3ARF[ ]UC (Lowe's)
        Price as tested:
        $650
        Overall score

We expect this model to perform similarly to the tested Bosch Ascenta SHX3AR7[5]UC although it may differ in price and features.
        See Ratings

Bosch-Ascenta SHX3AR5[ ]UC-Dishwasher-image BEST BUY
        Bosch Ascenta SHX3AR5[ ]UC
        Price as tested:
        $680
        Overall score

See Ratings

KitchenAid-KDFE454CSS-Dishwasher-image RECOMMENDED
        KitchenAid KDFE454CSS
        Price as tested:
        $1500
        Overall score

Though among the priciest we've tested, this KitchenAid conventional dishwasher delivers some stellar performance. It aced our wash test, which uses a full load of very dirty items, and was among the quietest models during fill, wash, and drain. It was also especially energy- and water-efficient. Pluses include a soil sensor and stainless-steel interior. For flexibility, it has delayed start, ample flatware slots, an adjustable upper rack, and adjustable tines. No controls are hidden, and you'll need to clean the filter manually--which you might prefer over the noise of a self-cleaning filter. A normal cycle took 140 minutes and used about 5 gallons of water in our tests. On the minus side, this model was mediocre for drying plastic items, and there's no time-remaining display.
        "

Comment

Awesome. Thanks, Tim. That's exactly what I was looking for. I was already sold on Bosch, but was looking at the hidden control 500 series. Looks like the Ascenta will get me where I need to be for about $150 less.

Comment

Just installed my Bosch 800 series. . This third rack is awesome.

Comment

Life's good with LG
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Just installed my Bosch 800 series. . This third rack is awesome.

Baller. I ended up getting the hidden control Ascenta in stainless. I watched it at Lowes online for a few weeks as the price fluctuated greatly. Ended up getting it for $468 after a 10% off coupon. I just checked and it's back up to $699. We're very happy with it.

Comment

I'm here for pics of Brent's rack!!

God bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Baller. I ended up getting the hidden control Ascenta in stainless. I watched it at Lowes online for a few weeks as the price fluctuated greatly. Ended up getting it for $468 after a 10% off coupon. I just checked and it's back up to $699. We're very happy with it.

We got the 800 for $899, which is as low as I've seen it. I'll probably replace it with something like the Ascenta when I rent this house out so I can take the 800 with me, but I wanted it as quiet as possible after having this loud ass 30+ year old Whirlpool. The house is small, and with all the tile, sound really carries.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    I'm here for pics of Brent's rack!!

God bless.

Pffft. Like you haven't already seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      We got the 800 for $899, which is as low as I've seen it. I'll probably replace it with something like the Ascenta when I rent this house out so I can take the 800 with me, but I wanted it as quiet as possible after having this loud ass 30+ year old Whirlpool. The house is small, and with all the tile, sound really carries.
                      The Bosch is certainly quieter than our old dishwasher, but not as quiet as I guess I expected it to be. It's rated a 49dba, but as some reviews I read said it was so quiet that the only way they could tell it was on was by the floor light, I would have to disagree.

Comment

The Bosch is certainly quieter than our old dishwasher, but not as quiet as I guess I expected it to be. It's rated a 49dba, but as some reviews I read said it was so quiet that the only way they could tell it was on was by the floor light, I would have to disagree.
                        The 800 is 44 dba, and it's pretty damn quiet. I ran one load through last night, and I could only hear it when it dumped water. If you stand right in front of it, you can hear the dishes hitting each other. But you have to listen for it to even hear that. Then again, I'm kind of deaf.

Comment

Wife broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Wife broken?
                            No wife, but yes, she is.

Comment

Working...
                            X