Any Coin Collectors? Questions about Kennedy Halves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Coin Collectors? Questions about Kennedy Halves

My grandma is giving me some coins she's held onto for a long time.

They are Morgan Silver Dollars, Kennedy Halves, and Franklin Half.

I have been looking around on the web at their values and was wondering if anyone has experience in selling coins. I don't even know if I want to sell them or keep them...

The Kennedy Halves are all 1964. 90% Silver, value is around 8 bucks per my research. I have 120 of them.

I have an 1890 Morgan Silver Dollar minted at Carson City Mint - valued around 55 bucks.

I have an 1881 Morgan dollar, several 1890 Morgan Dollars, (not Carson City Minted), and 10 1922 Peace Dollars.

The Carson City Minted Morgan Dollar shows to be worth 55 bucks, and the others around 25 bucks.

What to do? There was a time a few months back when I would have sold these in a heartbeat due to money problems, but I will either hold onto them or sell them only if I do it wisely and get the maximum amount.

Who knows? A few years from now silver might suddenly jump sky high!

Message sent.

Comment

Thanks Grandma, can't wait to sell your decades old collection!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        Thanks Grandma, can't wait to sell your decades old collection!
        LOL! A fusion needs some body work man.

Silver is depressed right now, count them as zero value, wait until it goes back to $40/oz (with inflation, it'll get there quick enough) and then PM Denny

Comment

Lol! I am simply doing research! My grandma has had these in a safe deposit box all these years and wants to give them to me so no one else gets their mitts on them. She actually suggested i sell them, but I can see reasons to hang on to them.

The fusion is getting fixed piece by piece.

I actually am the proud owner of a new Fusion, and we still have my girl's car as well. Things are looking up in all regards.

Comment

Good luck.

Trying to be as nice as i can be here with your substance abuse you sound exactly like my brother. He also struggles with it. He outright stole my grandfathers coins and sold them for dope.

I hope this is not the case. Coins are only as valuable as what people will pay for them. Prepare to be disappointed in your haul.

Comment

My dad was an avid collector for 30+years and had about 100 of those 'blue books' full of all coins- you name it he had it. He has dementia and I've been taking over his affairs. I was there this weekend and opened his safe and they are all gone. I suspect my stepmother cashed them to feed her Nigerian money laundering scam. She won't fess up and blames my Dad- fucking pissed

Comment

Condition and grading is everything.....

Comment

My inherited coin collection was swiped by a sibling and traded for a couple of days worth of blow. Thanks for this thread, I almost forgot about it.

If I were you I'd either put them in a safe deposit box somewhere far away, far enough to where you'd have to plan a couple of days travel to get to them or have someone you trust hang on to the collection for you.

With your description you could walk into any pawn shop and get $1000 cash for something that might be worth $25k in a few years. Ignore the value, just be glad she gave them to you and do whatever you can to keep yourself from doing something stupid.

Comment

I'll just hang on to them. Thanks for the insight. I am fully self supporting now!

Comment

Working...
                    X