Keystone ski trip was great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone ski trip was great

So, I was able to get a group of 4 people into the Keystone ski trip condo-share this time and we just got back last weekend. Conditions were very good, fresh snow for 5 days. I wish there was more sunlit days, but it was still above average conditions for the week. Even got a short fireworks show the first night on the slopes.
    There was so much new snow that a number of avalanches occurred, even one just minutes after we left A-Basin one evening.
    Major scores were made at the sports recycling stores for gloves and snowboards.
    On a downer, 1 person died the first night we got on the slopes. I heard that a fellow ran into a tree and died. Seems skill level was a factor. Then there was the A-Basin avalanche that blocked the roads, then another in the bowls the weekend we left. Near Aspen 2 outback skiers died in an avalance.
    I stick to the groomed slopes in general, so I don't have to worry about that.

The cost per person was *extremely* attractive with the split.
    $150 for the condo week(4 bed, ~1000sqft, W/D in unit, etc)
    $120 for the rental car and fuel(just a bit tight, but we made it without major cramping)

This is the amount of money that most people pay for 3 nights of lodging only, without transportation.

Add in the groceries, the ski lift(I already had a lift pass), plus sampling other legal Colorado products, and you have a successful and *very* inexpensive ski trip week.

Anyone interested in future ski trips, send me a PM with your info. More people in the condo-share makes the price better.
    When I score a good deal on a ski condo in the future, I'll get in touch if there is extra room.
    Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

Jay is a stand up guy and the trip was AWESOME! If you guys get a chance to go it is worth it!

Comment

Hmmmmm, very tempting!

Comment

Working...
      X