Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is Wrong with you America? Public Schools Holding Disturbing Drills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    Then again, if I were single, places like Slab City sounds intriguing.

Heh. I've thought about living that lifestyle many of times.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Case in point: I'm watching Top Gear BBC, the current Series, ep 2, and they are in Afghanistan on a military base. They show a line of troops waiting their turn to get a slice from the on base Pizza Hut. Even our active war zones have corporate sponsorship. John Cusack in War Inc. was supposed to be satire, but fuck me if it isn't already well into reality.
      War is hell.

In all fairness. That comfort food is very motivating for dudes stuck out on the fringe when they find themselves as bigger bases that have them.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        War is hell.

In all fairness. That comfort food is very motivating for dudes stuck out on the fringe when they find themselves as bigger bases that have them.

I'm sure it is, and I'm not against it at all. Just the the fact that it has gotten to that point is what boggles.

Comment

Comment

^that guy is going to make a great shelter for someone else to hide behind.

Comment

Don't they have PFT standards?

Comment

I can honestly say I won't have any reservations about not putting my son in public school. I know there are probably some really good ones out there, just like there are still some really good teachers, but there are other options. It's kind of refreshing to see how large the home schooling community has become. We're leaning towards charter or home schooling at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  What we have now in education is years of idiotic administrators voted in by the people (Texas board of education) in or appointed by politicians (local ISD administration) and the "think of the children" mentality. Bitchy parents and threats of litigation have so crippled the ability of teachers to teach that they have to act like dictators to be prepared for every situation. Every parent thinks their snot nosed piece of shit is some special gift or something and demand nothing but perfection, there is no being reasonable with parents, "sometimes shit happens" is an unacceptable answer. People and by extension their kids think they're far more valuable than they really are.

In short: Parents have caused the issues with the education system, not the other way around.
                  I agree completely. It's also your job as a parent to find out what your kid is learning, and if you disagree with something talk to them about it. Teach them your thoughts / opinions, and explain why you feel that way. Wanna make sure they learn the Bill of Rights? Teach them! Don't just undermine the teachers/school or the kids REALLY won't give a fuck about anything they say. More and more it seems teachers have at LEAST one kid who ruins the whole day / year and causes the other kids to not get as much education time as they could. I definitely don't blame the people who want to homeschool, but like it or not your kid will have to associate with all the rest of the kids who weren't when they get into the business world. I'd just say first try to be a good parent and the rest will fall in line (with some luck).
                  DamonH

Comment

Ok, I think we can start eating the children now.

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      I have lived all around the world. Dying in DFW is my dream now.
                      Same here
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                      X