Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 529 and Coverdale Education Savings Accounts

Hi Fellas,

Do any of you have experience with college savings plans like the 529 or Coverdale ESA? I'm ready to start one for Carpenter and have a very good chunk of change I can kick into it. Right now I'm looking at options. So it would be very appreciated if anyone can share their productive thoughts.

Today I went and talked to a broker. He advised me to sign up for an Alaska 529 account under John Hancock Freedom 529. He made it sound very good. Anyways I go home and notice they're in the top 5 of all state sponsored 529s for the highest fees. So now I just feel this broker pushed this on me, not because it's a great fund

Good place to start at least.

Comment

I guess everybody really are ballers here because I only got one reply.

I ended up doing Utah's college education savings plan. It has some of the lowest rates. I put in a lump sum to start it off and I have money auto drafted every month out of my checking account. My bank "AA credit union" also links up to it so I can see the balance whenever I log in.

Buttttt don't forget this. You should be putting away 15% of your income a month into your own retirement first.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        I guess everybody really are ballers here because I only got one reply.
        Well, of course!

Fwiw, I went with Utah.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post

Buttttt don't forget this. You should be putting away 15% of your income a month into your own retirement first.
          I'm already ahead of the game on that..

Comment

Working...
          X