Where the wine-o's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
    The wife has had me try so many wines in the last few years its ridiculous. I really enjoy the Copolla wines. There have been others I like, but can't recall the names.
    I went to the Inglenook tasting last year, that was some tasty juice.

Comment

I'm trying malbec's from Argentina right now. If i drink different ones from an area or across a category it helps to pick out certain flavors and textures.

If you want a white (rose), try Diomaine Fontanyl Cotes de Provence (2011-2012). Really nice wine for $13.

I try to stay in 6-8$ per bottle and in general have been happy with the results.

If i just want to feel warm and buzzed i'll stick with my scotch, but wine makes a nice drink throughout the night.

Comment

I have been killing some Silver Oak cab lately. Excellent wine but I'm down to my last two bottles.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          I have been killing some Silver Oak cab lately. Excellent wine but I'm down to my last two bottles.
          Alexander Valley or Napa? I have a photo of the Silver Oak vineyard hanging over my wine bar.

The Alexander Valley has been on sale quite a lot at Tom Thumb over the past few years. Picked up 6 bottles @ $55 last week, but a couple of years back, they had '05s on sale for about $59 and I still have a few from that reserve left. Randomly I'll find an Orin Swift Prisoner for pretty cheap at Kroeger, as well.

My favorites are various Cannonaus from Sardinia (a granache varietal specific to the region), Van Duezer Pinot Noir (World Market carries it often) Jordan and nearly almost any Cabernet from Alexander Valley.

Heading to Napa in July for dinner at The French Laundry and some wine tasting. Can't wait!
          Last edited by DasVWBabe; 05-04-2014, 11:53 AM.
          2007 997 Targa 4S - Guards Red
          2006 Subaru STI - WRBlue
          2008 VW R32 - Candy White

Comment

Working...
          X